Setting "Child-directed ads" value via API v202202.

Marc Marian

Jun 2, 2022, 11:32:03 AM6/2/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,
we are using GAM API v202202.

Is there a way to set a value for "Child-directed ads" in a GAM VIDEO Line Item?

There are two options available:
- Allow to serve on child-directed requests
- Don't serve on child-directed requests

We'd like to find out how to edit this via  API v202202,
thank you for your support.

best Marc

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 3, 2022, 11:04:49 AM6/3/22
to marc....@71m.de, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is Hosur from the Ad Manager API support team.

Yes, we can set a value for "Child-directed ads" in a GAM VIDEO Line Item via API. LineItems can be updated via API by using the updateLineItems method and the fields that are available for updating are mentioned in this documentation. In order to update a line item's child content eligibility designation, you may use the ChildContentEligibility field. The possible settings that can be adjusted within this field are as follows:
  • DISALLOWED : Line item is not eligible to serve on any requests that are child-directed.
  • ALLOWED       : Line item is eligible to serve on requests that are child-directed.
Regarding how to edit "Child-directed ads", we need to update the updateLineItems method in LineItemService.

If you have any additional questions or require clarification on anything, please let me know.

Regards,
Google Logo
HOSUR
Ad Manager API Team