Exponential/scientific notation for DUOBLE fields

ougus chittavong

12:53 PM (3 hours ago) 12:53 PM
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Google Ads API team!

We pull https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v15/campaign#campaign.optimization_score field from API and got some values in
scientific notation, as example 1.4210854715202E-14.

Documentation says field format is DOUBLE, but I can't find anything in documentation that says that DOUBLE can be in exponential/scientific notation.

Could you please confirm that this is expected API behavior - to return values in exponential format for fields declared as  DOUBLE ?

If so, what field formats could be impacted by this (whether it's some of the DOUBLE fields, all of them, DOUBLE and other field types, etc.)?

I'll be happy to provide additional details on request / response privately if needed.

Thanks,
Ougus