Credential could not be refreshed error

Rosana Elizabeta Sente

Jun 16, 2022, 7:44:17 PM6/16/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Our customers are facing a large number of intermittent issues with this error message:
"OAuthException: Credential could not be refreshed. A newly generated refresh token or secret key may be required."

Furthermore, not all messages failed, there were successfully processed messages as well at the same time. Additionally, when we retried to process the failed messages, they were processed without any issues.

Since there are no service disruptions on Google Ad Dashboard, could you please let us know if there are/were any ongoing incidents that could cause this issue?
The timeframe when this started to happen:
Jun 16 22:32:40 UTC - Jun 16 23:21:31 UTC.

Thanks!
Regards,
Rosana

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 17, 2022, 4:48:13 AM6/17/22
to rosana...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rosana,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. I'm Ankam.

Kindly note there are no ongoing incidents currently. The error you are facing "OAuthException: Credential could not be refreshed" indicates that your Refresh token has expired. There are many reasons for Refresh Token Expiration, try once again by regenerating the refresh token and if you still face any issues please provide us the complete SOAP request and response logs(logging must be enabled) with the Network code and email used, you can provide it via the Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team

​​

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxEvE:ref

Rosana Elizabeta Sente

Jun 20, 2022, 4:28:58 AM6/20/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Ankam,

As I pointed out when first raising this issue, the errors are no longer visible, but we didn't perform any actions that could potentially help with solving them since we don't know the root cause.
We would need more information about why would some of the messages fail and others wouldn't, as well as why would each retry on failed message pass successfully? This looks like a temporary issue on GAM side so we would need more information about what happened in the mentioned timeframe.
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Rosana

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 20, 2022, 9:45:25 AM6/20/22
to rosana...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rosana,

Thank you for getting back to us. This is Madhushree, a colleague of Ankam.

Please note, I have raised your issue with the rest of our team and one of our teammates will reach out to you once they have an update.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxEvE:ref

Rosana Elizabeta Sente

Jun 24, 2022, 4:24:47 PM6/24/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi all,

Is there any update?
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Rosana

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 28, 2022, 4:29:36 PM6/28/22
to rosana...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rosana,

The OAuth credential refresh is performed before any API request is made to Ad Manager. This could have been an intermittent issue with the OAuth server or an intermittent network issue. Unfortunately I don't have any more information about the root cause of this particular incident.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Chris Seeley
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxEvE:ref
Message has been deleted

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Feb 6, 2023, 12:12:45 PM2/6/23
to diana...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diana,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. I'm Ankam.

I could see you have already raised the same concern with the same subject "getAudienceSegmentsByStatement throws SERVER ERROR" we have responded in that thread over this issue and escalated it as per your request. Kindly follow up there to get updates on this, we request you not to raise multiple threads with the same concern. To avoid multiple threads closing this here.

Reagrds,
Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team