Getting Error for Google Ad Manager API

suman kumar

Dec 27, 2022, 11:23:27 AM12/27/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

We have configured Google Ad Manager API on Google VM (Linux server) and periodically calling Google Ad manager API from the server via a Python script googleAdManager.py

The API call was working fine till March 2nd , 2022.
After that the calling script is throwing below error :

{

insertId: "6nqoblfkkc2yg"

jsonPayload: {

localTimestamp: "2022-12-16T15:00:43.0724Z"

message: "startup-script: requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://ads.google.com/apis/ads/publisher/v202102/NetworkService?wsdl"

}

logName: "projects/dci-latam-goglads-dlm/logs/GCEMetadataScripts"

receiveTimestamp: "2022-12-16T15:00:43.127676990Z"

resource: {2}

severity: "INFO"

sourceLocation: {3}

timestamp: "2022-12-16T15:00:43.072416070Z"

}

As per the error, we suspect that the API version is old  and needs to be upgraded.

However i am unable to find any documentation on how to upgrade the API version on Linux platform.

Please help me out here as i am new to this process.

Attached the googleAdManager.py Python script for reference.

Thanks,

Suman

DailyJob_googleAdManager.py

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 27, 2022, 1:53:09 PM12/27/22
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. I'm Ankam.

To update to the newer version of code (v202211) you may refer and download all the available client libraries here and this link gives the Python client libraries. To get updates on the latest API version, please follow Release notes and subscribe to our blog for deprecation announcements.

I could say that in the code snippet you are using the version v202102 is already a sunset and in the file you have attached I could see that you are using version v202111 is currently a sunset and already deprecated, so we recommend you upgrade your code to a newer version v202211 as soon as possible to avoid such errors.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hOG3S:ref

Kumar, Suman (Contractor)

Dec 27, 2022, 4:46:43 PM12/27/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ankam,

Thank you for the info.

Do you have any documentation on how to upgrade the API version on Linux OS platform.

I tried downloading client libraries (.tar.gz file) and re-installing by following the steps mentioned at GitHub - googleads/googleads-python-lib at master

But to no avail.

Still the same error.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman

+1 551 229 6633

Dec 27, 2022, 5:17:01 PM12/27/22
to suman...@wmcontractor.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for getting back to us. We don't have any specific document from Ad Manager on how to upgrade the API version on the Linux OS platform. But you may refer to this link to set up client libraries and work on it. And could you kindly provide the SOAP logs(SOAP logging must be enabled), Network code and Error you are facing(screenshot of error if possible) to investigate the the issue you are facing. You can send them via Reply privately to the author option, or a direct private reply to this email.

Kumar, Suman (Contractor)

Jan 3, 2023, 10:23:43 AM1/3/23
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ankam,

Can you guide me how to set logging configurations in our googleads.yaml:

Currently the below Log setup is commented out, not sure what all to change here

Also will the SOAP logs generated be in a readable format ?

# Logging configuration (optional)                                            #

# Below you may specify the logging configuration. This will be provided as   #

# an input to logging.config.dictConfig.                                      #

# logging:

  # version: 1

  # disable_existing_loggers: False

  # formatters:

    # default_fmt:

      # format: ext://googleads.util.LOGGER_FORMAT

  # handlers:

    # default_handler:

      # class: logging.StreamHandler

      # formatter: default_fmt

      # level: INFO

  # loggers:

    ## Configure root logger

    # "":

      # handlers: [default_handler]

      # level: INFO

Thanks & Regards,

Suman

+1 551 229 6633

EXTERNAL SENDER: Caution opening links or attachments

Hi Suman,

Reminder: Any email that requests your login credentials or that asks you to click on a link could be a phishing attack.  If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of this email or its sender, please contact the IT Service Desk at 212.484.6000 or via email at ITSer...@warnermediagroup.com

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 3, 2023, 12:36:18 PM1/3/23
to suman...@wmcontractor.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm Madhushree working with Ankam.

It seems that your logging level is only set to INFO, please set this to 'DEBUG' in order to enable detailed SOAP logging. You can refer here for the guide to enable detailed SOAP logging in python and yes, the SOAP logs generated will be in readable format. Also provide us with Network code and error you are facing(screenshot of error if possible) to investigate the issue further.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hOG3S:ref
Message has been deleted

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 5, 2023, 3:34:42 AM1/5/23
to suman...@wmcontractor.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm Ankam working with Madhushree.

By reviewing the information you have provided, I could say that you are using the version v202102 is already a sunset. I would recommend you to upgrade your code to a newer version v202211 as soon as possible to avoid any issues. Let us know the status after retrying with the newer version of code. For any further assistance, reach out to us and you can send us any information via Reply privately to the author option, or a direct private reply to this email.

Please note, I've deleted your previous post since it contains PII data.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hOG3S:ref

Kumar, Suman (Contractor)

Jan 5, 2023, 12:09:17 PM1/5/23
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com, MN, Bhuvanesh (Contractor), Li, Roger

HI Ankam,

I am trying to install the latest Pyhton Client Library files (googleads-python-lib-36.0.0) on our server from link “Releases · googleads/googleads-python-lib (github.com)” pointed by you earlier.

It looks to be successfully installing. Attached the Installation log.

But when we run the AdManager.py , it still fails with same error:

    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://ads.google.com/apis/ads/publisher/v202102/NetworkService?wsdl

I am totally confused on how to change this version to latest v202211.

Can you please help me with any documentation or any previous issue post for similar type of issue.

Thanks,

Suman

EXTERNAL SENDER: Caution opening links or attachments

Hi Suman,

Reminder: Any email that requests your login credentials or that asks you to click on a link could be a phishing attack.  If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of this email or its sender, please contact the IT Service Desk at 212.484.6000 or via email at ITSer...@warnermediagroup.com

install.log

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 5, 2023, 3:22:30 PM1/5/23
to suman...@wmcontractor.com, bhuvan...@wmcontractor.com, roge...@warnermedia.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for getting back to us.

 If you install the latest Python Client Library files from Releases, it will have the latest versions included in it. For more detailed usage information, refer to the README file in the client library distribution. I would suggest you to try installing once again by deleting an already installed one. If you have followed all the steps and if you still face any issues please raise your issue on Git hub as they will assist you further.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hOG3S:ref

Kumar, Suman (Contractor)

Jan 9, 2023, 12:25:50 PM1/9/23
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, MN, Bhuvanesh (Contractor), Li, Roger, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Madhushree,

I was able to upgrade Google Ads API to v202211.

By using below command:

sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade googleads

Post which when I am running our Python script: googleAdManager.py (attached the same here )

It is failing with below error:

zeep.exceptions.XMLParseError: Unexpected element '{https://www.google.com/apis/ads/publisher/v202211}timeZoneType'

Attached the error log here.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman

+1 551 229 6633

EXTERNAL SENDER: Caution opening links or attachments

Hi Suman,

Reminder: Any email that requests your login credentials or that asks you to click on a link could be a phishing attack.  If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of this email or its sender, please contact the IT Service Desk at 212.484.6000 or via email at ITSer...@warnermediagroup.com

DailyJob_googleAdManager.txt
Error_Log_01092023.txt

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 9, 2023, 4:02:51 PM1/9/23
to suman...@wmcontractor.com, bhuvan...@wmcontractor.com, roge...@warnermedia.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have raised this issue with the rest of our team and one of our colleagues will reach out to you once we get an update on this issue.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 10, 2023, 4:05:03 PM1/10/23
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com, bhuvan...@wmcontractor.com, roge...@warnermedia.com, suman...@wmcontractor.com
Hi Suman,

We have an update.

I can confirm that the issue with ReportService has been fixed, can you please try once again from your end and if you still face any errors feel free to reach out to us.