Invalid date data returned via API

Adam B

Jun 24, 2022, 5:18:52 AM6/24/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
I am downloading data from the Google Ads Manager API via the python sdk. The specific query is : {'dimensions': ['AD_UNIT_NAME', 'DATE'], 'columns': ['TOTAL_LINE_ITEM_LEVEL_CPM_AND_CPC_REVENUE'], 'timeZoneType': 'PUBLISHER', 'dateRangeType': 'CUSTOM_DATE', 'startDate': datetime.date(2021, 6, 19), 'endDate': datetime.date(2022, 6, 23), 'dimensionAttributes': [''], 'adUnitView': 'TOP_LEVEL'}

Normally, everything runs fine, but once in a while I have an invalid date returned like in the screenshot ; 2022-05- missing the day. Or just the first 3 numbers of the year. I am just downloading the report and not processing it in any way.

self.report_downloader.DownloadReportToFile(
report_job_id=report_job_id,
export_format='CSV_DUMP',
outfile=report_file,
use_gzip_compression=False
)

Can you let me know if this is some error on my side or googles side?

Thanks,
Adam
Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 11.14.28.png

Adam B

Jun 24, 2022, 5:23:20 AM6/24/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
And to clarify, I am not receiving any errors from the API. All downloads fine just 1 or a couple of rows contain these invalid dates.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 9:20:28 AM6/24/22
to adam...@keboola.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to the Ad Manager API support team. This is Anjali and I'll be assisting you with this request.

To investigate this case further, we request you to provide the following details. You can send them via Reply privately to the author option, or a direct private reply to this email : Regards,
Google Logo
Anjali
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cCX1l:ref