MOBILE_INVENTORY_TYPE not returning App Ad Unit Data

George A

Sep 9, 2021, 4:47:16 PM9/9/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello -

I'm not getting any data for Ad Units running on Apps. The Web, Other and AMP ad units return data.

I adjusted our code to the following the test:

$reportQuery = new ReportQuery();
$reportQuery->setDimensions(
[
Dimension::AD_UNIT_ID,
Dimension::AD_UNIT_NAME,
Dimension::DATE,
Dimension::LINE_ITEM_NAME,
Dimension::MOBILE_INVENTORY_TYPE
]
);

i.e. I added Dimension::MOBILE_INVENTORY_TYPE ... and I am seeing Amp, Other, Web but not App.

How can we pull data for App Ad Units?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 10, 2021, 3:18:01 AM9/10/21
to geo...@theadengine.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi George,

Thanks for reaching out to our API support team, I hope that you are safe and doing well.

Upon checking on my end, I pulled a report with the same dimensions, and had gotten a MOBILE_INVENTORY_TYPE of 'App'. Can you please provide the following details so that we may further investigate this?

You may send them via Reply privately to author option or a direct private reply to this email.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NSuAT:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 13, 2021, 12:04:42 AM9/13/21
to geo...@theadengine.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi George,

Thanks for getting back to us with the necessary information.

Upon checking on my end, the user you are authenticating on is assigned to a team which can only retrieve a certain batch of Inventory. This may be the reason why it is not able to retrieve ad units with a MOBILE_INVENTORY_TYPE of App as those ad units may be excluded from that batch.

With that being said, you may have to speak to an administrator on the network to allow this user to retrieve ad units with that mobile inventory type.

George A

Sep 20, 2021, 9:36:01 AM9/20/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello -

Thanks. What would be the name of the permission we need to give the API user in order to see APP data along with Web, AMP and Other in the data?

Regards,
George