429 Http error

Rustam

Jun 26, 2024, 11:03:40 AM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,
Today we had a lot of 429 Too many requests errors in our integration towards GAM API.
Could you confirm that something happened on your end or is it something happened on our end?

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2024, 2:58:21 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team.

I have reviewed the information provided and understand that you are facing the 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests error in the Ad Manager API indicates that you've exceeded the allowed rate of requests. This typically happens when requests are sent too frequently within a short period. To resolve this, you should slow down the rate at which you send requests, introduce delays between them, and handle retries using an exponential backoff strategy. Additionally, optimizing your requests by combining operations and using filtering and pagination effectively can help reduce the overall number of requests. Monitoring your API usage can also help you adjust the rate of requests to stay within the allowed limits. You may refer to this best practices document for more information.

If you are still facing the issue, please provide us with the following information for further analysis: You can send the requested details via Reply privately to the author option or a direct private reply to this email.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJTtq:ref" (ADR-00244047)

Thanks,

Google Logo Ad Manager API Team