New device category values with blank name

cvjetosi

Sep 9, 2021, 9:59:51 AM9/9/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

When pulling the device categories using the PQL service, we've noticed that there are two new values which have blank device category name value.
This is causing issue with our implementation on several networks, as we

Is having a blank device category name expected behaviour? Should we expect it in other similar tables (e.g. Geo Target Name, Browser Language Name, etc...)?

List of device categories returned by the PQL service:
    "30000","Desktop"
    "30001","Smartphone"
    "30002","Tablet"
    "30003","Feature Phone"
    "30004","Connected TV"
    "30006","Set Top Box"
    "30008",""
    "30009",""

Thanks!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 9, 2021, 9:11:11 PM9/9/21
to osib.cvj...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to our API support team.

However, allow me to raise this further to the team. Rest assured that one of our colleagues will reach out to you soon about these two new values which have a blank device category name value.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NSjvd:ref

chu...@wideorbit.com

Sep 10, 2021, 3:56:00 PM9/10/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Google,

We are also experiencing this as well with our clients

Thanks,
Chris

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 10, 2021, 6:54:48 PM9/10/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know. We have informed the engineering team about this issue and they are looking into it. I'll post an update here when it's resolved.

Google Logo
Donovan McMurray
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NSjvd:ref

chu...

Sep 17, 2021, 10:45:46 AM9/17/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Google,

Just checking in and seeing if there was a solution to this yet?

MelissaD

Sep 21, 2021, 12:30:01 PM9/21/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Any updates on this?

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 24, 2021, 2:05:12 PM9/24/21
to mcrac...@wideorbit.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Melissa.

Sorry for the delay. These two rows were not ready to be released yet. We have removed them for now, but it will take a few days before the data change hits production, so you will still see these empty names until that point. Thanks for the bringing this to our attention.