How to get report data with an API from Google Ad Manager?

Osman Calisir

Jan 18, 2022, 6:09:47 AMJan 18
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Dear Googler,

I am working in a partner company of Google. We are using Google Ad Manager to manage our revenues. As you know we can create reports in it.

Is it possible to reach these reports data over a custom API just for reading purpose(we just want to read the data)?

For example, I created a report from a report builder and can see the data. And I can download it as a file. I read many documentations, watched the API connection instructions from Google's YouTube channel but no luck for now.

Best;
Osman

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 19, 2022, 1:28:00 AMJan 19
to tv.osma...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Osman,

Thanks for contacting the Ad Manager API team.

There is a possibility to access the API within your own implementation, however, kindly note that we're unable to assist you on creating a custom implementation of our client libraries.

If you haven't checked out our guide yet on the Reporting Basics, kindly do so as it shows you how to run and download a report with the API. It covers both using an existing saved report query, and creating an ad hoc report query. Within the guide, there's also a section in which it details how to Read the Report Data which is a useful reference if you're using our supported client libraries. You can also refer here for our sample code on retrieving a saved report query in Java.

Lastly, you can always check out our guide to Authentication for any clarifications on authenticating with the API.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team