How to set timeZoneType in API v202211?

Alvin Lee

Jan 5, 2023, 1:05:39 AM1/5/23
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi.

I want to change API v202202 to v202211.

report_job = {
  'reportQuery': {
    'dimensions': ['DATE', 'AD_UNIT_ID', 'AD_UNIT_NAME'],
    'adUnitView': 'HIERARCHICAL',
    'columns': ['AD_EXCHANGE_LINE_ITEM_LEVEL_IMPRESSIONS'],
    'dateRangeType': 'CUSTOM_DATE',
    'startDate': start_date,
    'endDate': start_date,
    'timeZoneType': 'AD_EXCHANGE',
    'reportCurrency': 'USD'
  }
}

But 'timeZoneType' field removed since v202205.

Is there a field that can be used instead of 'timeZoneType'?

Regards,

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 5, 2023, 4:11:38 AM1/5/23
to alvi...@nitmus.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alvin,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. This is Anjali and I'll be assisting you with this request.

From the v202202 of the Ad Manager API, enum TimeZoneType was available in the ReportQuery where by AD_EXCHANGE TimeZoneType your report will be generated with Ad Exchange time zone (Pacific Time Zone). This time zone is only compatible with Ad Exchange metrics. I can confirm that the enum TimeZoneType is not available starting from v202205 and your report will be generated according to your network timezone. You could try using the HOUR dimension to break down reporting data by hour of the day in the network time zone and, afterwards, do some post-processing on your end for converting the results to conform to the Pacific Standard Time.

Also, I could see that there is an existing request for this feature, however kindly note that I am unable to comment on any timelines for the update on this issue. With that being said, I would recommend that you may follow our Ads Developer Blog and release notes for announcements about new Ad Manager API releases and features.

Regards,
Google Logo
Anjali
Ad Manager API Team