getAllPlacements

Amit Perez

Jun 7, 2022, 6:54:50 AM6/7/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello , I am trying fetch all the placements on my dfp
i can see a getAllPlacements.cs file but for some reason i cannot use it, only getPlacementsByStatement is available for me, with this function i will fet only 1 placement each time, but i want them all to populate a drop down list, is it possible somehow?
thanks a lot!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 7, 2022, 9:25:13 AM6/7/22
to am...@adnimation.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. I'm Ankam.

To get all the placements in the Google Ad Manager API, try executing the get_all_placements class which is in the PlacementService. This gives the list of all placements ID's and Names. Could you please confirm to us what error you are facing because we tried to execute and get results for get_all_placements. If you still face any challenges to execute, provide us the SOAP logs(logging must be enabled).

Thanks,
Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bd1Mp:ref

Amit Perez

Jun 7, 2022, 9:56:37 AM6/7/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Ankam,
that's the first thing Iv'e tried to do, the problem is the only options i see on the environment after creating the placementService object is 'getPlacementsByStatement' or 'getPlacementsByStatementAsync' but no the 'getAllPlacements'

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 7, 2022, 3:38:50 PM6/7/22
to am...@adnimation.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

Thank you for getting back to us. I am Hosur a colleague of Ankam and I will be assisting you on this issue.

Upon checking, I can confirm that by using 'getPlacementsByStatement' or 'getPlacementsByStatementAsync' you cannot be able to populate all the placements in a drop down list, wherin it will give the result of each placement. That being said, with the help of creating a StatementBuilder object you will get all placements at a time, but it is not possible to get a drop down list. You may refer to this java sample code for your reference and click here to get all available client libraries.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any queries or concerns.

Regards,
Google Logo
HOSUR