Getting null result set while calling GAM api

Ajay Gupta

Jul 11, 2023, 8:55:40 AM7/11/23
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
I am trying to download the report from GAM using ReportService in Python, however I am getting the null resultset  .
Similar issue observed when tried to fetch the last updated lineitems.
Please help to resolve this issue.

  report_service = client.GetService('ReportService', version='v202305')

  # Initialize a DataDownloader.
  report_downloader = client.GetDataDownloader(version='v202305')

  # Create statement object to filter for an order.
  statement = (ad_manager.StatementBuilder(version='v202305')
               .Where('id = :id')
               .WithBindVariable('id', int(saved_query_id))
               .Limit(1))

  response = report_service.getSavedQueriesByStatement(
      statement.ToStatement())

  print (response)

Thanks,
Ajay

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jul 11, 2023, 2:09:27 PM7/11/23
to ajg...@webmd.net, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team.

Based on the information provided, I understand that you are getting null resultset when trying to download the report from GAM using ReportService in Python. Please note that not all combinations of columns and dimensions are supported in Ad Manager. For complex reports, it may be easier to build a valid report in the UI and then retrieve it with the ReportService.getSavedQueriesByStatement method. Could you please provide us with the following details.
  • Network code.
  • Downloaded API and UI reports.
  • Report builder screenshot.
  • Complete SOAP request and response logs from API (SOAP logging must be enabled).
You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2n6Giw:ref"

Thanks,
Google Logo Ad Manager API Team

Chuian Chen

1:07 AM (7 hours ago) 1:07 AM
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
I have the same problem,how to fix this.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

7:10 AM (1 hour ago) 7:10 AM
to vincent....@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team.

Based on the previous interaction, I understand that you are getting a null resultset when trying to download the report from GAM using ReportService in Python. Please note that not all combinations of columns and dimensions are supported in Ad Manager. For complex reports, it may be easier to build a valid report in the UI and then retrieve it with the ReportService.getSavedQueriesByStatement method. I recommend that you open new cases in the future for new issues. Could you please provide us with the following details.

    • Network code.

    • Downloaded API and UI reports.

    • Report builder screenshot.

    • Complete SOAP request and response logs from API (SOAP logging must be enabled).

                    You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.

    This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02n6Giw:ref" (ADR-00188026)