Add video to creative with Native eligible native format

Rustam

Jan 20, 2021, 3:30:58 AM1/20/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

We have been testing an integration with GAM API where we would create a creative with video eligible native format. So we stumbled upon an issue where upload a video file is disabled in the ui.
So basically what we do are:
1. Create a creative with video eligible native format but we don't support anything related to video file, since there is no support in the API
2. We redirect the user to the newly created creative object in GAM UI, but there the upload functionality of video file is disabled.

Apparently, uploading of a video file can only be done through UI and can only be done while creating, if video file wasn't supplied during create then upload functionality gets disabled forever (I guess).

Is this a bug or expected functionality? I searched for this information but couldn't get anything on that.

Any response would be appreciated.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 20, 2021, 4:49:48 AM1/20/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rustam,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you kindly provide the details below (via Reply to author, or a direct, private reply to this email) so that I can investigate the issue?

  • Network code
  • Creative ID (of the created creative)
  • Code snippets showing how the creative was created via the API

Google Logo
Ziv Yves Sanchez
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2B1mAO:ref

Rustam

Jan 20, 2021, 6:05:05 AM1/20/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi.

I have replied to you over email. If it didn't reach out to you please let me know.

This issue some kind of urgent for us to resolve or not resolve (if it is unresolvable)

I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Rustam

Jan 20, 2021, 11:15:48 AM1/20/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi again,

Any update would be appreciated. Please let me know if it is an issue on GAM side or it is something that is meant to be?

Thank you

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 20, 2021, 8:22:13 PM1/20/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rustam,

Thank you for providing the requested details.

I can confirm that the Video panel controls in the UI are, in fact, not allowing me to upload a video file as well. However, just to clarify: were all of the creatives you've mentioned created via the UI? I wish to clarify this since you did mention that you were testing API integration in your first post, even though it seems that everything so far was handled via the UI. If the same issue persists through a creative created via the API, could you then kindly provide code snippets showing how the creative was created (via a direct reply to this email), so that I can further investigate this issue?

Rustam

Jan 20, 2021, 11:54:52 PM1/20/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

I answered you over email and provided the information you requested.

After testing this behavior for me it seems more like an issue rather than an expected functionality because other parameters of the video like third party tracking URLs, video poster image stays active even if you cannot upload a video file, which is not consistent.

Please, let me know if there is any additional information you need.

Thank you.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 21, 2021, 2:57:14 AM1/21/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rustam,

Thank you for providing the requested details.

I'll check in with the rest of the team in order to further investigate on this issue. We'll keep you updated on this.

Rustam

Jan 21, 2021, 1:12:45 PM1/21/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

Is there any update regarding this issue?

Rustam

Jan 22, 2021, 4:48:13 AM1/22/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Sorry for bugging you, but I would appreciate any update from you.

Thanks

Rustam

Jan 24, 2021, 8:07:35 AM1/24/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello team,

Could you provide some update on this issue? Do you need anything from my side or should I report this issue somewhere else too?

Thank you.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 25, 2021, 2:30:36 PM1/25/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The native formats engineering team is investigating this issue. I'll let you know when I have an update for you.

Google Logo
Chris Seeley
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2B1mAO:ref

Rustam

Jan 28, 2021, 3:21:25 AM1/28/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? What is the approximate time for this fix to be done?

Thank you.

Rustam

Feb 1, 2021, 3:13:42 AM2/1/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello team,

Sorry for bugging you too much but it is really important for us to know the current status and your plans on this issue. Can you share with us some insights on that?

Thanks

Rustam

Feb 3, 2021, 1:46:41 AM2/3/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

Any update would be appreciated. Thanks

Rustam

Feb 9, 2021, 3:42:56 AM2/9/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

is there any update that you know from native format team?

Rustam

Feb 11, 2021, 12:51:40 PM2/11/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi team,

Is there anything on that? Like status in progress/on hold/etc? Any update is appreciated.

Thanks

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 11, 2021, 4:01:08 PM2/11/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
HI Rustam,

Unfortunately being able to create Native Video creatives with no asset is an oversight - it's intended to be required, thus the broken UI behavior when an asset doesn't exist.

We're working to add API support for VAST redirect based Native Video creatives, but until then your workflow won't be supported.

Rustam

Feb 12, 2021, 2:40:30 AM2/12/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. I have couple of other questions:
1. If you implement VAST support through API, after we create native creative with VAST redirect will it be possible later edit that creative and change it to Ad Manager hosted type manually in GAM UI, or will this option become disabled?
2. Do you have any timeline for the VAST support in the API?

Thanks,
Rustam

Rustam

Feb 17, 2021, 1:12:31 AM2/17/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Guys,

Could you answer the questions in my previous post? Based on your responses we could do some planning on our side.

Thank you and sorry for bugging you too much.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 11:35:02 AM2/19/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rustam,

Changing the asset type after creation is not currently supported by either the UI or the API. I've passed along this feedback to the video engineering team but there's no definitive timeline at the moment.

Rustam

Apr 26, 2021, 5:42:35 AM4/26/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Team,

Is there any update on the issue above? Any specific timelines when we can expect the fix to done?

Thank you.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 29, 2021, 2:12:51 PM4/29/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rustam,

Changing the asset type isn't supported, and there isn't a definitive timeline to add support to the UI or the API.

Rustam

Jul 19, 2021, 10:26:41 AM7/19/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

are there any updates on the issue above?
Thanks.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jul 22, 2021, 9:27:34 AM7/22/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We're working on VAST support rather than support for changing the AssetType as a workaround. I don't have a timeline for when VAST support will be added.

Thanks,

Rustam

Oct 12, 2021, 1:57:39 PM10/12/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

Are there any updates in this regard?

Thanks

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Nov 1, 2021, 2:26:52 PM11/1/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I still don't have a timeline on when this feature will be available, but it is still on our radar.

Rustam

Dec 7, 2021, 1:50:26 AM12/7/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello team,

Do you have any update on this issue?
And in general how do you see fixing this issue from your end? i.e. will it support uploading a video file from the API or will it be possible to upload a video file later after creative is created (without a video file)?

Thank you.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 10, 2021, 12:37:40 PM12/10/21
to rusta...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The fix will be to support uploading video files from the API. Unfortunately I don't have an estimate on when this feature will be available.

Rustam

Dec 10, 2021, 12:40:26 PM12/10/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello Chris,