Penalty for exceeding Quota?

Logan Becket

Jan 2, 2022, 12:53:50 AM1/2/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
I have built an application for running forecasts against prospective line items and I'm applying all of the recommended techniques for throttling requests and then exponentially backing off if quota limits are hit, but I'm wondering if there are penalties if those limits are exceeded despite my best efforts to avoid it.  For example, X violations in a minute reduces the allowed number of calls for the next Y seconds or something like that.  I haven't seen any indication that this is the case, but I thought I'd ask in order to prevent any further unexpected behavior.

Thanks!
Logan

Aynur Uluc63

Jan 2, 2022, 5:01:43 AM1/2/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Profil resmi kiliti ayarları kaldır

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 3, 2022, 1:34:23 AM1/3/22
to wiranseh...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Logan,

Thanks for contacting the Ad Manager API team, this is Yasmin.

I would agree that there isn't a limit or penalty on the number of failed requests per hour or per day. For more context, the Forecast Service has a separate quota. Forecasts are very expensive to run, which is the reason it has this separate quota. Whenever this error is encountered, it should be known that you know the Forecast quota is being hit. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Forecast Quota is impacted by UI Forecasts as well. So, it's on an entire network basis.

Please let us know if you would have any further clarifications.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team