How do I use googleads-php-lib to request logs?

Fred Chong Rutherford

Dec 15, 2021, 1:13:34 PM12/15/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
We're having an issue with mid-roll ads, and one of the things Google requested from us was to pull SOAP logs about the mid-rolls. We already have a ticket opened up about the mid-roll ads.

I've been reading through code examples everywhere, and I can't find anything specific about requesting logging with the php app.
https://github.com/googleads/googleads-php-lib/tree/master/examples/AdManager/v202111/ReportService

I'm trying to help our engineering teams with some guidance on how to fetch these logs that google's asking for. I did see this example for Java ...
https://github.com/googleads/googleads-java-lib/wiki/Logging

... but I'm trying to ask a pretty dumb question, which is just, what's the API request we should make (using the php library) to get the logs that google is asking us for?

Thanks in advance for your time and your patience with a dumb question.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 16, 2021, 12:35:47 AM12/16/21
to fruth...@redventures.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fred,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

SOAP logs can be retrieved from the API by simply sending an API request (from any service of the API) and having the response printed to your console. Enabling detailed SOAP logging permits the complete details to be returned, so it's highly suggested for you to do so in order to conduct an efficient investigation on the matter. That being said, this is the guide for enabling detailed SOAP logging with the PHP client library; we would simply request for you to modify the INFO values to DEBUG.

With regard to your question, it's SOAP logs of where you had encountered the issue while using the Ad Manager API. May I ask for you to provide more details to your concern so that we may further investigate? Are you having an issue with one of your creatives? If that is not the case, are you having problems with your VAST while using the IMA SDK?

If you are to support your response with information containing sensitive data, it's best to send out the reply via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team