Is it possible to select a bulk of Ad units based on Ad unit ID's and to archive them at once?

Diederik de Loë

Jun 24, 2022, 10:06:49 AM6/24/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
We are cleaning up our outdated inventory of Ad units and have decided to delete all ad units with a negligible amount of impressions. I have a sheet with all these Ad unit ID's and I tried searching for them in the Ad unit inventory by copy pasting all the Ad unit ID's at once and  separating them with a comma. This didn't work, it was only possible to search for one ad unit at a time. We are talking about more than 17.000 ad units here, is it possible to delete these in a more convenient way than manually searching and archiving all of them individually? I'd love to hear from you guys! Thanks in advance.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 3:13:34 PM6/24/22
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Diederik,

Thank you for contacting the Ad Manager API support team. I'm Ankam and will assist you today.

After verifying your query I would like to inform you that we don't have an option to Delete the AD units permanently to prevent reporting information from being discarded, instead we can Archive or Deactivate the Ad units via  performAdUnitAction in the InventoryService that helps to disappear on the table of ad units. For more information on how Deactivate and Archive works kindly refer to this Help article.

These are the available client libraries in API and here is the sample code in Java to archive ad units. To deactivate ad units instead, you just need to modify the action that the code will perform. To archive the bulk ad units via API, you will need to create a statement query to select all the ad units that you want to archive. If you have further queries on this issue, let us know.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ankam
Ad Manager API Team