LineItemSummary Location In ReportQuery (v202105)

Jonathan Solomon

Jan 2, 2022, 12:45:46 PM1/2/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Team!

I am using an external ELT tool in order to fetch my DFP data into my DWH. I am trying to understand how to add to my custom query (the service is using the ReportQuery (v202105)   version, and I am trying to add to it  LineItemSummary (v202105) data (the https://developers.google.com/ad-manager/api/reference/v202105/LineItemService.ComputedStatus status field). Where is it expected to find this field? ( I didn't find it under the DimensionAttribute /  customdimensionkeyids / Column / Dimension sections) so I am a bit confused regarding the necessary API request (and services) that needed to be done in order to obtain this important status field.

I will really appreciate your assistance with this issue!
Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Best,
Jonathan.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 3, 2022, 3:14:26 AM1/3/22
to jonathan...@rivery.io, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for contacting the Ad Manager API team, this is Yasmin.

I can confirm that it's not possible to retrieve the LineItemSummaryspecifically the line item's status, in reports. Kindly note that reports will only return rows where performance has been recorded. If you want to get the complete details of a specific line item, you will need to make a separate API request to a getLineItemsByStatement method by passing the LINE_ITEM_ID from your report.

On the other hand, you can check it's deliveryData or deliveryIndicator fields to know more information about it's delivery status depending on if a line item has an absolute or percentage based goal. Please note that there's no field that explicitly states if the line item is under delivering or not. As you already know, you may instead compare the deliveryIndicator's expectedDeliveryPercentage and the actualDeliveryPercentage to get this information. With that being said, you may check the LINE_ITEM_DELIVERY_INDICATOR and LINE_ITEM_DELIVERY_PACING dimension attributes if one of these is what you are looking for.

Please note that the Ad Manager API only tries to reflect the behavior and available fields in the Ad Manager web interface. Let us know if you still have any further clarification.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Tn7CW:ref

Jonathan Solomon

Jan 3, 2022, 5:18:19 AM1/3/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yasmin,

I really appreciate the detailed answer you provided me! I will check the alternatives suggested by you and will get back to you with updates!

Thank you for your amazing service!

Happy new year,
Jonathan.