How to replicate "Check Inventory" functionality

Padmahas Bn

Feb 15, 2018, 10:39:39 PM2/15/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello,

On the bottom of every delivering Line item, we have a button to check inventory. I know we should use "Forecasting service" but, in DFP we can check inventory without saving the modified values. For eg: at first I had included AdUnit-1 and if we are not getting expected result, then we can change some parameters and without saving it, if we click again on "Check inventory", it will consider the modified values and generate the result.

I read we can simulate the results in "Delivery forecast" but Delivery forecast doesn't accept any new inputs. It will just take parameters like line item id. And the result also doesn't contain all three Forecasting summary, Contending line items and Criteria breakdown.

We get all these info in "Availability forecast" however, we don't get luxury of simulating new parameters and get result.

Please let me know if I'm not explaining clearly about the issue.

Thank you.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nicholas Figeac (DFP API Team)

Feb 16, 2018, 3:14:37 PM2/16/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello,

Availability Forecast is analogous to the "Check Inventory" feature in the UI. You can always set new parameters and resend the request when using this service. Here is more information about forecasting in DFP API.

Thanks,
Nicholas Figeac, DFP API Team

Padmahas Bn

Feb 16, 2018, 3:30:59 PM2/16/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for the clarification. Meanwhile I couldn't get all the information that DFP shows (I've attached forecast summary screenshot). For eg:  "Likely to deliver", "Unlikely to deliver", "Unavailable", "Likely to deliver, but may impact same..." etc field values.

Also, API retrieved values of matched capacity are considerably have much difference.
Can you please let me know what are the corresponding values of UI and API?

Thank you.
forecastsummary1

Nicholas Figeac (DFP API Team)

Feb 19, 2018, 12:56:42 PM2/19/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello,

Unfortunately, the API only has fields for availableUnits, deliveredUnits, matchedUnits, possibleUnits, and reservedUnits. Also, please note that running a forecast can return different results from the last forecast.

Padmahas Bn

Feb 20, 2018, 6:23:44 AM2/20/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello Nicholas,

I tried to map by comparing values, but there is very much difference between UI info and API info.
Can you please map which attribute of Availability forecast API is corresponding to which fields of DFP UI?

Thank you.

Padmahas Bn

Feb 20, 2018, 6:41:18 AM2/20/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum

Among the values that I compared, only "Delivered" => deliveredUnits, "Available" => "availableUnits" and "Matched for specific targeting criteria" => matchedUnits attributes are comparable. Can you help me to map others?
1. Which fields are corresponding to possibleUnits and reservedUnits.
2. If its not possible to retrieve other values of DFP (Likely to deliver, Unlikely to deliver, Remaining unreserved impressions etc) from this API, is there is any work around? or any formula to calculate them?

I exported from DFP UI and below are the detals:

Your goal of 10,000 impressions is likely to deliver
Delivered    6973
Likely to deliver    3027

Inventory availability
Available    803204
Reserved by same- or lower-priority line items    0
Unavailable    90557
Matched for specific targeting criteria    893761

API retrieved values:

    availableUnits = 804290,
    deliveredUnits = 6973,
    matchedUnits = 893749,
    possibleUnits = 804331,
    reservedUnits = 10000,
    unitType = IMPRESSIONS

Attached is the DFP screen shot.

Thank you.
Forecasting.png

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (DFP API Team)

Feb 26, 2018, 2:50:29 PM2/26/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hi Padmahas,

Currently, we don't have the formulas to calculate these values from the API responses and get the matching UI values. We are looking into the possibility of getting it documented so that the comparison between UI and the API would be easy. Please note that, we don't have a time frame when these formulas will be available. You may have to get the desired values from the "Check Inventory" feature of the DFP UI until then.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi Sasidharan, DFP API Team

sathiyaraj....@target.com

Jul 3, 2018, 9:06:03 AM7/3/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Any update on this problem.If the calculation is documented please update the documentation link to us.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (DFP API Team)

Jul 3, 2018, 2:40:56 PM7/3/18
to Google's DoubleClick for Publishers API Forum
Hello,

We don't have the formulas available. But you could check the guide on Forecasting Basics for more details. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Pascal Thao Chanta

Dec 1, 2020, 1:59:06 PM12/1/20
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Dear  DFP API Team,

Is there any improvements regarding this issue ? The information retrieved from the "Check Inventory" UI remain inaccessible from the API throught the class "Google\AdsApi\AdManager\v202011\AvailabilityForecast".

By the way thanks for you help !

Kind regards !

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 1, 2020, 9:14:05 PM12/1/20
to pascal.th...@precom.fr, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you kindly provide the details below (via Reply to author, or a direct, private reply to this email) so that I can investigate this issue?

  • Network code
  • Screenshots of the UI showing the forecasting options used, and the Check Inventory results
  • SOAP request and response logs of the equivalent API query (SOAP logging must be enabled)

Google Logo
Ziv Yves Sanchez
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28mHs7:ref

Pascal Thao Chanta

Dec 2, 2020, 9:04:07 AM12/2/20
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Ziv Yves,

thanks for your quick reply, I will send you the requested information however, I cannot reply to you directly since the "Reply to Author" button is actually disabled (that's why I clicked on reply to all).

Could you please provide another solution ?

best regards
Pascal

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 2, 2020, 8:16:06 PM12/2/20
to pascal.th...@precom.fr, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pascal,

You may reply directly to this email via your preferred email client (e.g. Gmail). Kindly make sure that no other email addresses are CC'd in, for data confidentiality purposes.

Akin Gumusel

Jan 17, 2022, 7:49:40 AM1/17/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

I have a similar problem. There seems to be an inconsistency between the numbers that are returned from Forecast API and the GAM UI.
The odd thing is, only the possibleUnits value seems to be a mismatch. The rest makes sense, including contending lines and targeting breakdown.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 18, 2022, 2:36:00 AM1/18/22
to aking...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hello Akin,

I'm Kevin from the Google Ad Manager API Team.

In order for us to proceed with our investigation, can you please provide the following details below?

  1. Complete request and response logs with request ID
  2. Screenshots of the results from the UI

You may send these to us via Reply private to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our admanagera...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Kevin Gil Soriano