About "hidden" services

Diego Barreiro Perez

Aug 16, 2021, 11:25:04 AM8/16/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

When using the Network Inspector tool, we can see that services like PricingRuleService and YieldService exist (for Pricing Rules and Yield Groups, respectively), though they are not in the API docs.
Is there any reason why they are not publicly available?

Thank you!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Aug 16, 2021, 10:52:29 PM8/16/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Diego,

Thanks for reaching out to our API support team, I hope that you are safe and well.

Allow me to raise your concern further to the team. Rest assured that one of our colleagues will address this to you when we have more information on this.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LnbuV:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Aug 18, 2021, 9:17:20 AM8/18/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Diego.

We strive to put as much Ad Manager functionality into the API as possible. We decide what goes in based on how mature a feature is (for example, beta features don't make the cut) and how many people need the feature (based on overall usage as well as requests directly from developers).

If you share with me your use case and your network code, I can create a feature request internally for our engineers to look into. If this is information you'd rather share privately, you can email us at admanagera...@google.com.

Google Logo
Donovan McMurray
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LnbuV:ref

Diego Barreiro Perez

Aug 18, 2021, 6:21:39 PM8/18/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi Donovan,

Thank you so much for your response!
Actually, we would really appreciate getting access to Yield Groups and Pricing Rules from API.
We would like to let our child users (as we are using MCM Managed Inventory) gain more control over their ads. And the top requested features from their side were being able to use mediation and setting floor/target CPMs, which, apparently, are done from YieldService and PricingRuleService. So, from our side, we would need some kind of API access to programmatically use them.

Best regards,
Diego

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Aug 20, 2021, 2:48:01 PM8/20/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Diego.

I'll raise this feature request to the respective engineering teams so that they can prioritize this with the rest of their work. Keep an eye on our Ads Developer Blog for announcements about new API releases and features.

YieldService Massarius

Mar 25, 2022, 9:45:12 AM3/25/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello Google,

Is there any update regarding the PricingRuleService API?

At Massarius we have the interest into this feature to integrate CRUD operations for managing Unified Pricing Rules into our code.

Best regards,
Berend

Magnus J.

Apr 11, 2022, 6:47:39 PM4/11/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi AdManager team,

I'm with Berend and Diego. Access to a pricing rule service would be greatly appreciated.

With first-price auction, actively managing pricing rules is the only way to limit bid shading. Doing so manually is both costly and insufficient.

If you already have a "hidden" PricingRuleService I would very much like to try it out (no need for backward compatibility. I will gladly adapt to any change you may come up with in the future :-).

Thanks,
Magnus