RE: Programmatic_buyers Invalid XML

Message has been deleted

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 9, 2021, 11:36:56 PM9/9/21
to nat...@manadge.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reaching out to our API support team, however, I will have to remove your initial post. We would recommend for you to avoid sending out sensitive information in this forum moving forward as it is public.

Allow me to raise your concern to the team to have it further investigated. Rest assured that one of our colleagues will reach out to you about it soon.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NSof2:ref

Jack

Sep 10, 2021, 9:57:52 AM9/10/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Thanks, this is critical. We're really blocked here since we cannot deliver our client.

Best

Jack

Sep 13, 2021, 9:29:18 AM9/13/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

Any updates ?

Thanks

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 13, 2021, 12:04:13 PM9/13/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Jack.

I found the buyer in the list that's causing this problem. It's the buyer with id=767278293 at index 22857. It has an invalid XML character, specifically the unicode bell character (\x07). As far as I know, there's no way to ignore invalid XML in the Python client library. You could raise an issue on the Python library to verify with the client library owners that you can't ignore invalid XML or to request that ability in a feature request.

A workaround would be to leave off the Name column in your request.

Google Logo
Donovan McMurray
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NSof2:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Sep 14, 2021, 2:53:29 PM9/14/21
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Jack.

I just wanted to follow up on this to tell you that the buyer's name has been corrected, so you should no longer see this error, and therefore the workaround I provided should no longer be necessary. Please let me know if any issues persist.