Default timezone returned by API

Sumeet Gadkari

Aug 6, 2018, 9:34:27 AM8/6/18
to Google's DoubleClick Campaign Manager API Forum
Hello,
in dates and times it is specified that the default timezone returned by API is UTC. However, the time returned by API is matching the UI time. UI time is not in UTC. This means that there is no conversion of time to UTC done by API.
Can anyone confirm whether the time returned by API is actually defaulted to UTC?

Dhanya Sundararaju (DFA API Team)

Aug 6, 2018, 3:54:43 PM8/6/18
to Google's DoubleClick Campaign Manager API Forum
Hi Sumeet,

I was able to confirm that API does indeed return time in UTC. For example, I created a campaign and retrieved it using Campaigns.get. The "createInfo": {"time": had a value of "1533584399815" which is in long format depicting Timestamp of the last change in milliseconds since epoch as per this section of the guide. This value corresponds to GMT: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:39:59.815 PM as against 06/08/2018 15:40 in Campaign change log via my UI . If you are in the same timezone as of UTC, you will get same value in API and UI. If not, could you please reply back with specific examples, so that I can check further? You may opt to reply privately to author.

Regards,
Dhanya, DCM API Team