The downloaded file contains special characters only

Devel Vivaki

May 6, 2024, 8:18:21 PMMay 6
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
Initially when I started development (To call the reports and get the files and download files)  there was offline reports and instant reports. So I had an already created offline report there which is transfered to the instant reports by the campaign manager team itself as part of some changes of campaign manager 360

Now only that report I am able to download from my code base in java
All new created reports with exact same filters(advertisers) metrics, dimension, date range etc, when tried to download is downloaded like below
PK
    úˆ¦XÁ„.,Í   ¹     _rels/workbook.xml.relsµ »nÃ0 E÷|…À½¦“!
ø¿J¢‹/ƒ~úÜó‡Ì£Æ¦h4ømîö PK
    úˆ¦XeÇ 3±   -     _rels/.rels Ï? ‚0 ðÝOq¹]
PK
    úˆ¦XéB sšß  Îê ....

Attaching the file for reference if needed.
But the existing report transfrered from the offline report works.

Please check and give me a solution
campaignmanager_1255459888_4581879142.csv

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

May 7, 2024, 4:06:45 AMMay 7
to develop...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Thank you for reaching out to the CM360 API support team.

Upon checking your query, I can confirm that offline reporting is not available in the API now. I would suggest you to use the instant reporting instead of offline reports. I would recommend you refer to this help center article on Offline Reporting and Instant Reporting migration for more information related to updates on migration from offline reporting to instant reporting. Also, could you please let us know if you have faced any issue after you downloaded them from the API? Hope this helps.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tItia:ref" (ADR-00233887)

Thanks,

Google Logo DCM API Team

Gavin Carpenter

May 7, 2024, 8:10:08 AMMay 7
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
From the help center link you've shared:

" There will be no impact to scheduled reports or reports accessed via the reporting API. Before, during, and after this migration, customers will be able to edit their API reports. "

If there are now changes these need to be clarified and detailed for all users ASAP.

Devel Vivaki

May 7, 2024, 10:15:16 AMMay 7
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
Yeah i  have created an report as instant report in an profile with some dimensions metrics and advertiser filter. I was able to download the file from the UI of campaign manager instant reporting.
But tried to ececute the same report from api amd download using the methods provided in the documentaion of V4 i am getting these files having only special characters.

Please give some approproate response
Thanks

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

May 8, 2024, 2:30:01 AMMay 8
to develop...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As you are getting only the special characters, could you please share the report Id and file ID for further investigation.

Devel Vivaki

May 9, 2024, 10:25:07 AMMay 9
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
So after a long testing the conclusion is below
I create a instant report with last 30 days, an advertiser filter and dimensions and metrics.
Now i got a report id and using that id i excute from java and i got the correct file. I repeated the download 3-4 times and file downloaded correcly.
Now i edit the report like date range or add more advertiser or dimension or metrics. The report id remain same and when i execute and download the report is corrupted(Only special characters). Confirmed in DEV and QA.
Can you do the same test with any client library( Myabe java is fine) and confirm the same behaviour.
So in the conclusion, I need to create exaclt new report each day with my date range, filter, dimension and metric to download file for each data right?

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

May 10, 2024, 12:56:48 AMMay 10
to develop...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To investigate further, could you please share the report Id, file ID and complete request and response logs. Also, I would suggest you to raise your concern in the Github Issue tracker via this link as they are better equipped to address this issue.