Media cost stabilization period

Erik Lilja

Apr 18, 2024, 5:36:24 AMApr 18
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
Hi!

I have a client which I have pulled down a standard report with the following dimensions:

date
campaign
campaignId
advertiser
advertiserId
site
siteId
placement
placementId
activity
activityId
country
ad
adId
adType
activityGroup
activityGroupId
creative
creativeId
creativeSize
creativeType
creativeVersion

Using the following metrics
impressions
clicks
mediaCost
plannedMediaCost
totalConversions
totalConversionsRevenue
activityViewThroughConversions
activityViewThroughRevenue
activityClickThroughConversions
activityClickThroughRevenue
clickRate

For the third of march 2024, for a specific campaign and placement, I get $6 of spend when I queried the data yesterday. But when I last pulled the data on the third of April 2024 I got $12. Impressions and clicks match, but for some reason, the cost has halved for that specific placement, campaign and day.

Why is that? We are working with the hypothesis that data from the DCM API does not change after 30 days. But for some reason between the period of 3rd of April 2024 and 17th of April 2024 that cost has been adjusted.

When does media cost stabilize?

The account ID for this particular client is 10380122

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

Apr 18, 2024, 6:05:00 AMApr 18
to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the DCM API support team.

I would like to inform you that report data will not be changed. Can you please share the following details to investigate further:
  • Report ID / File ID of $6 data and $12 data.
  • Downloaded report files of different data.
  • Are you using the same date range for both reports?
  • Complete JSON request and response logs.
  • The user email / service account email used for authenticating the API query.
You can send them via Reply privately to the author or Direct reply to this email option.​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tPCZV:ref" (ADR-00231671)

Thanks,

Google Logo DCM API Team

Erik Lilja

Apr 18, 2024, 9:54:26 AMApr 18
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
Hi again,

I do not have access to the raw report/csv that was made(for the data queried at the 3rd of April), but I do have the JSON request payload that was made. If you are looking for a replication, I probably need a couple of weeks to get one as I just pulled down a report that was made for the 17th of March 2024, and if my hypothesis is correct and data has changed between today and when I will pull the same data in the future I can post it then.

Can you please clarify how I can share something privately between the DCM API team and myself? I do not see any way to privately reply in this mail group.

Best,
Erik

report.json

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

Apr 18, 2024, 2:45:44 PMApr 18
to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As we mentioned in our previous response, we would need the complete information to investigate further. It is not possible for us to replicate the issue without complete information. Also, you can reply to the DCM API team by direct reply to this email option. Hope this helps.