Authentication issue when creating a new Google Sheets / DoubleClickCampaigns API request - old Sheets working fine

Richard Swan

May 9, 2024, 10:24:58 AMMay 9
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
Having a problem when creating new Google Sheets / DoubleClickCampaigns API:

We use Sheets to do bulk updates.

When I create a new Google Sheet, I add the Service "DoubleClickCampaigns" API as usual.

I then run my first query, and get prompted to authenticate.

When I look at the list of Permissions available to the API, it only lists "Update conversions"

And thus I can't run any API queries from a new Google Sheet.

If I copy an existing Google Sheet, when I run the first query and authenticate, the list of Permissions available to the API is much longer.

So I can run API queries in a "new" sheet, but only if I copy an existing Sheet..

Looks like a bug somewhere?

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to discl...@email-abuse.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

May 10, 2024, 12:23:07 AMMay 10
to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the DCM API support team.

To investigate further, we would need the below information:
  • DCM Account Id - You can find under your profile icon in your Campaign Manager 360 UI. You can also find it in the Account section, which is located under the Admin drop-down.
  • Profile Id
  • UI Report Id and File Id
You may send the requested details privately via "Reply To Author" option.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIvkb:ref" (ADR-00234344)

Thanks,

Google Logo DCM API Team

Richard Swan

May 10, 2024, 6:17:56 AMMay 10
to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
I replied with Account ID and Profile ID direct to the author as this is probably not info to be shared publicly.

Additional:

If I copy a previously used Google Sheets where the DoubleClickCampaigns API is set up, I'm prompted with this:

This will allow team x CM360 Audience copier v2 to:
  • See, edit, create, and delete all your Google Sheets spreadsheets
  • View and manage your DoubleClick Campaign Manager's (DCM) display ad campaigns
When I set up a new Google Sheets and add DoubleClickCampaigns API, I'm prompted with this:

This will allow Untitled Project to:
Manage DoubleClick Digital Marketing conversions

This leads me to believe there is an error somewhere in the Google Sheets/DoubleClickCampaigns API permissions, as I am not granted the correct permissions for new sheets.

DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

May 10, 2024, 7:52:12 AMMay 10
to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would like to inform you that we have not received any information from your end. Kindly share the following information to this
"dcmapi-...@google.com" address for further assistance:
    • DCM Account Id - You can find under your profile icon in your Campaign Manager 360 UI. You can also find it in the Account section, which is located under the Admin drop-down.
    • User Profile Id
    • Error screenshots (if any).
    • Complete JSON request and response logs.
    • From which method you are executing to get the Google sheets.

    Richard Swan

    May 10, 2024, 9:04:02 AMMay 10
    to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
    I have used "Reply to Author" to provide DCM account ID and User Profile ID.

    Here is a sample request:

    function myFunction() {
      a = DoubleClickCampaigns.UserProfiles.list();
    }

    And here's the error message:

    1:50:25 PM
    Error
    GoogleJsonResponseException: API call to dfareporting.userProfiles.list failed with error: Login Required
    Code.gs:2
    As mentioned earlier, I believe this is because when I set up a new Sheet and add DoubleClickCampaigns as a Service, I am prompted to allow my project access to only "Manage DoubleClick Digital Marketing conversions", and not to the following:

    • See, edit, create, and delete all your Google Sheets spreadsheets
    • View and manage your DoubleClick Campaign Manager's (DCM) display ad campaigns

    DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

    May 14, 2024, 1:44:51 AMMay 14
    to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
    Hello,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    I would like to inform you that we have not received any requested information. Can you please share the following details to investigate further:
    • DCM Account Id - You can find under your profile icon in your Campaign Manager 360 UI. You can also find it in the Account section, which is located under the Admin drop-down.
    • User Profile Id
    • Error screenshots (if any).
    • Complete JSON request and response logs.

    Kindly provide the requested items above via ‘Reply privately to author’ option, if the private option is not available on your end, then please send it over through this email <dcmapi-...@google.com> instead.

    Richard Swan

    May 14, 2024, 10:08:44 AMMay 14
    to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
    I've sent my DCM Account ID and User Profile ID via email now.  I have sent it twice already using "Reply privately to author".

    Other info requested is in this thread.

    DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

    May 15, 2024, 1:01:29 PMMay 15
    to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    To investigate further, could you please share the complete request and response logs instead of sample one?

    Richard Swan

    May 29, 2024, 3:39:07 AMMay 29
    to Google's Campaign Manager 360 API Forum
    Google Sheets now prompts for correct permissions when creating new Sheets, and I am able to access API via Sheets correctly now.

    DCM API (DoubleClick Campaign Mgr)

    May 29, 2024, 3:45:02 AMMay 29
    to google-doubleclick-...@googlegroups.com
    Hello,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    Happy to hear that this issue has been resolved. For any other assistance related to the DCM API, you may get back to us.