Real-time Bidding API creative patch Error

HO

Apr 22, 2024, 11:23:43 PMApr 22
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
hello.

This is https://developers.google.com/authorized-buyers/apis/realtimebidding/reference/rest/v1/buyers.creatives/patch

I have previously modified an unapproved creative on that page.

I was only running HTML formatted ads, but after adding the native format this time, I'm getting an error from that API.

{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "The specified buyer creative ID contains multiple creative variations (e.g. different sizes)",
    "status": "invalid_argument"
  }
}

The creative named a seems to have 2 formats, HTML and Native, is there any way to fix this?

error.png

Mark Saniscalchi

Apr 23, 2024, 2:41:09 PMApr 23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,

There is still a legacy workflow through Real-time Bidding that enables one to submit the same creative ID across multiple formats, but these creatives are incompatible with the API–see the creatives guide section on submitting creatives for review for more details. In summary, once a creative ID is associated with multiple formats, it is not accessible by any API calls that target a particular ID. The only way for an affected creative ID to become accessible is if it becomes inactive and is later deleted–after which, you could hypothetically resume using that creative ID. Otherwise though, we would recommend that you just recreate these with distinct IDs since that is the intended workflow going forward.

Regards,
Mark

HO

May 1, 2024, 10:21:20 PMMay 1
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello.

You said that creatives IDs are deactivated and later deleted.
What is the time required for it to be deleted?
Or is it not possible for me to delete the creatives IDs myself?

2024년 4월 24일 수요일 오전 3시 41분 9초 UTC+9에 Mark Saniscalchi님이 작성:

Mark Saniscalchi

May 2, 2024, 12:12:50 PMMay 2
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,

I'll respond to your questions in order:

> What is the time required for it to be deleted?
I don't think there is an authoritative answer to this because it is based on an internal process, but as a rough guideline, you can expect a creative to become deactivated after it goes unused (no updates or bids) for 15 days. My understanding is that deletion may happen around the time you hit 30 days of inactivity.

> is it not possible for me to delete the creatives IDs myself?
No, it is not possible for creatives to be deleted through tools like the API or UI.

Our recommendation is to avoid the legacy workflow that uses Real-time Bidding bid responses to associate multiple formats with a given creative ID if you intend to use the API. Unfortunately, with presently available tooling, your options are to either not interact with the creative ID until it eventually gets deleted, or use a new creative ID–the latter is usually our recommended approach given the length of time one typically needs to wait for deletion.

Regards,
Mark