[ERRORCODE] macro in VAST xml

Jake

Oct 29, 2023, 4:28:51 AM10/29/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hey,
I'm using the [ERRORCODE] and [CONTENTPLAYHEAD] macro's in the VAST XML error reporting URL, but they don't seem to be replaced when the error reporting URL is triggered.

Are these macro's supported in Authorized Buyers bidding?

Thanks!

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Oct 30, 2023, 10:56:07 AM10/30/23
to jen...@arpeely.com, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jake,

I see that those are macros from the VAST 3.0 spec, but my understanding is that we don't make any alterations to the VAST XML at serving time, so by extension that would mean that we don't support macros there. We do support our own and OpenRTB's macros in cases where you specify a video URL containing them, but again, they wouldn't be expanded in the XML.

Regards,
Mark

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02q90E5:ref