Authorized Buyers Report - Cost Metrics

Pawankumar Manpuri

Feb 1, 2023, 2:03:02 AM2/1/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,
I am looking for authorized buyers report that could give me day wise cost metrics, Can you please help me achieve this, I have gone through all the methods of realtimebidding API and can't find any method that gives me cost metrics, I have also looked upon adexchangebuyer API.
Please suggest me where I can get the day wise cost metrics of the authorized buyers report.

Thanks,
Pawan M

Mark Saniscalchi

Feb 1, 2023, 12:00:42 PM2/1/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello Pawan,

Reporting functionality via the APIs is currently limited to Ad Exchange Buyer II API's RTB Troubleshooting resources. These can be used to retrieve information similar to what you might see in the UI's RTB Breakout feature. When you say "day wise cost metrics", I assume you're referring to your daily spend on Real-time Bidding? At this time, there is no programmatic means of retrieving that information. The reporting feature in the UI does allow you to view cost transparency metrics that could be closer to what you're looking for, but is not a topic we would cover here. If you need more assistance on learning to use that feature of the UI, I would recommend either contacting your Technical Account Manager or filling out this support form if you don't have one.

Regards,
Mark

Pawankumar Manpuri

Feb 2, 2023, 1:29:49 AM2/2/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello Mark,
Thanks for the information, Yes I was looking for daily spend on Real-time Bidding.

As I am exploring the Ad Exchange Buyer II API, can you please help me on this below method to retrieve bid metrics -
Method: bidders.accounts.filterSets.bidMetrics.list
Link - https://developers.google.com/authorized-buyers/apis/reference/rest/v2beta1/bidders.accounts.filterSets.bidMetrics/list

GET https://adexchangebuyer.googleapis.com/v2beta1/{filterSetName=bidders/*/accounts/*/filterSets/*}/bidMetrics

bidders/24xxx9/accounts/24xxx9/filterSets/*

What value should I pass in filterSets?
Can you please suggest me for getting results for daily spend or any specified time range, it would be grateful.

Thanks and Regards,
Pawan M

Mark Saniscalchi

Feb 2, 2023, 10:58:41 AM2/2/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello Pawan,

We describe the workflows in more depth in the RTB Troubleshooting guide, but in summary you're expected to create a filter set first before making API calls to retrieve metrics. As the name implies, a FilterSet will filter the results of a particular call by various dimensions–a simple example you mentioned would be a time range. The name of the filterSet is then specified as the filterSetName argument when calling bidders.accounts.filterSets.bidMetrics.list. We have code samples for several popular languages that demonstrate basic usage of the fields–for example, here are Python samples showing how to create a filter set, and another showing how to retrieve bid metrics.

All that said, the RTB troubleshooting features are intended to mirror the UI's RTB Breakout functionality, which provides metrics related to the performance of your Real-time Bidding integration. While it could show you details like the number of bids you placed and the number of those bids that won, it is not useful for determining your daily RTB spend.

Regards,
Mark