Does Google update uploaded creatives?

赵宏杰

Jun 18, 2024, 2:04:02 AMJun 18
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi team,

To address the 'Ad contains an unidentifiable vendor' error, we included the 'Vendor technologies' parameter when uploading creatives for Google review. Google displayed this parameter as follows upon successful review. However, once the creative started receiving impressions, the value of the 'Vendor technologies' parameter changed to None. This has caused an increase in the 'Ad contains an unidentifiable vendor' errors that were originally decreasing. We are certain that this change did not originate from our end. Could you please investigate if there is an internal mechanism within Google that modifies uploaded creatives? Additionally, we would appreciate guidance on how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

This issue is very important to us because 'Ad contains an unidentifiable vendor' affects Google bidding QPS. Thank you once again.

hongjie

Best

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 18, 2024, 3:56:49 PMJun 18
to zhaoho...@kuaishou.com, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you're referring to the Creatives resource in Real-time Bidding API, my understanding is that portions of the creative submitted by customers are not modified. For example, you could declare vendors when submitting a creative with the declaredVendorIds field. One caveat to that though is that it is ultimately the values in creativeServingDecision.detectedVendorIds that are considered at bidding time. If the creative review process detects a different set of vendors than what you declared, that could result in some unexpected behavior if you base your bidding logic on the declared value. It's not uncommon for declared attributes to differ from detected attributes.

Regards,
Mark

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJNe6:ref" (ADR-00242080)

Thanks,

Google Logo
Mark Saniscalchi
Authorized Buyers API Team