Test script to generate RTB requests?

Gregory Golberg

Jan 24, 2023, 11:22:45 PM1/24/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello all

Some time ago I recall there was a script to generate requests to Authorized Buyers' RTB endpoints for testing. Is there a version of that for OpenRTB ?

Mark Saniscalchi

Jan 25, 2023, 11:26:14 AM1/25/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello Gregory,

There was previously a tool the generate mock bid requests for the Google protocol that was sunset several years ago. It was replaced with the testing mode for Authorized Buyers accounts that was introduced prior to the sunset–my understanding is that this is now typically used in the onboarding process instead. I expect that if you were to enable testing mode while using the OpenRTB protocol, your endpoint should simply receive the equivalent calls using that protocol.

As I mentioned earlier, testing mode is generally used during onboarding, but it might be possible to turn it on afterward. If you have a Technical Account Manager (TAM), I would recommend getting in touch with them about this. Otherwise, another means of getting in contact with the same team would be this contact form.

Regards,
Mark