About Real-Time Bidding API using GCP Pub/Sub

Jongmyung Lee

Feb 28, 2023, 4:11:06 AM2/28/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi team.
I have several QQs about the real-time bidding features using Pub/Sub.

1. Can I run the features using Pub/Sub (subscription, and pulling the review statuses) in a test mode? I plan to subscribe a topic, and handle the review results one by one when developing, but I want to avoid the situation where the topic is wasted because of full, uncontrolled, and real responses.

2. How can I unsubscribe the topic?

3. Is there the timeout interval between pulling the response, and sending ACK?

4. If ACK for specific response is not sent to the end point, where does the response go? Does it be reentered to the topic?

4-1. If it is reentered, what is the limit number of retrial?

5. How many responses can a topic have as a maximum?

6. Is there the maximum limit length of lifetime for that a response lives in a topic?

I'm quite a new about the features, so sorry for my verbose questions.

Best regards,
Jongmyung Lee

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2023, 10:53:12 AM2/28/23
to google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jongmyung,

I'll respond to your questions in order:
  1. There is no test mode for the Pub/Sub feature, but I don't think you need to be concerned about "wasting" a topic. Even if you initiated Pub/Sub and left it unused afterward, it would have no negative impact on your account. Pub/Sub's resource limits would still be in effect, meaning that a maximum of 7 days worth of unacknowledged messages would be stored. Once your integration is ready, you would be free to receive the messages.
  2. The bidders.creatives.watch method creates a subscription that users of your Authorized Buyers account should be able to access. You don't need to manage the subscription or topic, but instead can just pull from the subscription. You can't undo the bidders.creatives.watch call, but if you choose to abandon it, there is no negative impact for leaving it unmaintained.
  3. This is delving more into the specifics of Pub/Sub itself, but I'm not aware of any specific limitation on when you can acknowledge a message–none are mentioned in the Pub/Sub documentation concerning quotas.
  4. What do you mean by "reentered" and "retrial"?
  5. Strictly speaking, it is the subscription that allows you to retrieve messages. There is no maximum limit for unacknowledged messages, but they have a time limit of 7 days. So within a 7-day window, there is no limit to how many messages you can have.
  6. As mentioned in the previous answer, that lifetime for unacknowledged messages would be 7 days.
If you have not done so already, it may be helpful to look over the creatives documentation describing bidders.creatives.watch and retrieving creative status changes with Pub/Sub.

Regards,
Mark

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2jHX0l:ref