GAM PPID support - technical clarification

Grigorios Giakas

Feb 14, 2022, 12:13:57 PM2/14/22
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,

We are trying to implement the PPID-based activation in Google Ad Manager, following the documentation here (https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/4349785?hl=en)

Our understanding is that we need to receive the Google encrypted PPID via the Data Transfer Files. More specifically:
1. The PPID must be sent to Google as part of the Ad Call request.
2. Google will encrypt the PPID and an encrypted_google_id will be produced.
3. Then, the Data transfer files will be provided to the AdTech vendor that we work together containing the google_encrypted_id.
4. Segmentation process will take place in the AdTech and as part of the activation they create a file of PPIDs (google_encrypted_ids) and upload it into Google Ad Manager via the Google Cloud.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Could you please confirm that this process is correct?
2. Can the upload of the PPID  take place only via google cloud or we can use the GAM APIs which are dedicated to audience creation?
3. Based on the image below from the above documentation, is it possible to export the RAW ppid without the need to use the Data transfer files?
Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 17.33.02.png
Kind Regards

Mark Saniscalchi

Feb 14, 2022, 6:21:46 PM2/14/22
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, but the scope of this support forum includes only Authorized Buyers APIs and topics relevant to Real-time bidding. I am unable to assist with Ad Manager questions.

I'll reassign the corresponding support ticket for this post to the correct team. I expect they'll respond directly to your email rather than continue discussion in this thread.

Regards,
Mark