How To Monitor The Bid Response Errors of the RTB Breakout Via An API

Tech Preciso

Jun 3, 2024, 8:48:51 AMJun 3
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi Team,

I want to know if there are any APIs or metrics available to monitor the error rate of bid requests versus successful responses of the RTB breakout(details regarding bid response errors ). If so, could you please provide details.

Best Regards,
Tech Preciso.

RTB.png

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 3, 2024, 12:12:13 PMJun 3
to te...@preciso.net, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for metrics concerning error rates for bid requests–perhaps relating to reasons why requests might be getting throttled? RTB Breakout already offers something like that; for example, you might see in the RTB Breakout UI that of the available impressions, the non-filtered inventory matches have a subset of cases where bid requests are not sent. There is a corresponding table titled "Bid requests not sent" you can reference for the reasons why these requests were throttled. Is that what you're looking for?

You could alternatively use the Ad Exchange Buyer II API's v2beta1 RTB Troubleshooting resources if you wanted a more programmatic option. It presents similar data to the UI, but it's worth noting that it's currently in maintenance mode and may not reflect the latest metrics exposed in the UI. Similar information about bid requests could be gathered via the bidders.accounts.filterSets.filteredBidRequests.list method.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJAs6:ref" (ADR-00237904)

Thanks,

Google Logo
Mark Saniscalchi
Authorized Buyers API Team

Tech Preciso

Jun 4, 2024, 7:28:26 AMJun 4
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Thankyou for your response.

I'm interested in programmatically retrieving the error rate of bid requests compared to successful responses of the RTB Breakout via an API.

I'd like to understand the details required for the filterSet parameter specified in the given document, such as:

What data does the provided filterSet (bidders/123/accounts/123/filterSets/abc) specify?
Are there any specific requirements for constructing the filterSet string?
What do the numbers in the filterSet (e.g., 123,456 in "bidders/123/accounts/123/filterSets/abc") represent?
Any additional information regarding this data retrieval process would be appreciated.

filterset.png

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 4, 2024, 1:58:16 PMJun 4
to te...@preciso.net, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> What data does the provided filterSet (bidders/123/accounts/123/filterSets/abc) specify?
In summary, the filter set is a filter applied to the retrieved metrics–for example, you might specify a particular dealId if you wanted to retrieve metrics related to it. It can be as simple or complex as your use-case calls for. If you wanted to see overall error rates over a period of time, you might just specify fields like relativeDateRange, absoluteDateRange, or realTimeRange.

> Are there any specific requirements for constructing the filterSet string?
It isn't a string, it is an API resource. You specify one when making a call such as bidders.accounts.filterSets.filteredBidRequests.list, which determines how the results are filtered to produce the response.

> What do the numbers in the filterSet (e.g., 123,456 in "bidders/123/accounts/123/filterSets/abc") represent?
In order, the bidder's Account ID, followed by the buyer's account ID, and then finally the name of the filterSet.

> Any additional information regarding this data retrieval process would be appreciated.
It may be helpful to review the RTB Troubleshooting guide's section covering filter sets. Likewise, there are code samples that can demonstrate some basic API calls.

Tech Preciso

Jun 5, 2024, 6:14:30 AMJun 5
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi Team,

  I have a question regarding the IDs used in the filterSet API resource. Specifically, I would like to know if the bidder's Account ID and the buyer's account ID are the same. Additionally, could you please guide me on where to find both of these IDs?

Best Regards,
Tech Preciso.

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 5, 2024, 1:27:02 PMJun 5
to te...@preciso.net, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
> Specifically, I would like to know if the bidder's Account ID and the buyer's account ID are the same.
Generally not, but there's a few topics to unpack here. For one, we have the concept of buyer types–these include bidders (formerly known as "parent seats") and buyers (formerly known as "child seats"). Some context about those is described in this Help Center Article.

Additionally, the Ad Exchange Buyer II API represents these slightly differently than the more recent Real-time Bidding and Marketplace APIs. Bidder-level operations are still performed under the bidders resource (such as bidders.filterSets), but buyer-level operations are performed under the accounts resource (such as bidders.accounts.filterSets). Generally speaking, bidder-level operations can act upon all buyer accounts under it, such as listing filtered bid requests across all buyer accounts. Likewise, buyer-level operations generally act upon a specific buyer, such as listing filtered bid requests for just a given buyer account. We describe this relationship more in the RTB Troubleshooting Guide.

One caveat to keep in mind though is that a bidder may also act as a buyer–for example, they can upload their own creatives and bid on their own behalf. In these instances, the API would use the same ID for the bidder and buyer account IDs.

> Additionally, could you please guide me on where to find both of these IDs?
Obtaining these IDs and access to the underlying accounts is a pretty critical part of onboarding; you should probably reach out your account manager if you have one assigned. Otherwise, you could use this form to get in touch with an account manager. If you happen to already have an integration with configured credentials, you could plausibly use Real-time Bidding API's bidders and buyers resources to get the account ID (it is embedded in the resource name). Likewise, if you or someone else on your team has access to the Authorized Buyers UI, that would also be an option to view account IDs. Account recovery is out of scope for this alias though, so I can't directly assist you with that.

Tech Preciso

Jun 10, 2024, 5:58:04 AMJun 10
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi Team,

 I need to get the bid response errors, particularly the percentage of bid requests. What filter set should I use (in place of 'abc') in the filterSetName 'bidders/123/accounts/456/filterSets/abc'

Best Regards,
Tech Preciso.

Reference.png
RTB_Breakout.png

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 10, 2024, 1:20:58 PMJun 10
to te...@preciso.net, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

>  I need to get the bid response errors, particularly the percentage of bid requests.
I see, so you probably intend to do something like use bidders.accounts.filterSets.impressionsMetrics.list to determine the number of received bid requests, and then compare that to the total number of errors returned in bidders.accounts.filterSets.bidResponseErrors.list to determine the percentage of bid responses that resulted in an error?

> What filter set should I use (in place of 'abc') in the filterSetName 'bidders/123/accounts/456/filterSets/abc'
The value of "abc" would be a filter set resource ID–when you create a filter set, the response will include the name of the new filter set, which is where you will find that ID. These are not pre-built since the intention is that customers build filterSets that meet their needs, but you can reuse (non-transient) filter sets later if needed. If you wanted the RTB Troubleshooting results to include essentially all requests/responses you interact with across all accounts, you might create a filter set that does little else other than describe the desired time period you want results for.

Regards,
Mark

Tech Preciso

Jun 14, 2024, 4:41:26 AMJun 14
to Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

While applying the filterSet given in the document, I am getting the error message 'Filter set was not found,' as shown in the attached screenshot. What modifications should I make to the filterset  to get the correct response? The filter set name I provided was 'bidders/123/accounts/123/filterSets/bidResponseErrors,' where I replaced '123' with my accountId.

Best Regards,
IT Support

RTB_breakout (2).png

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Jun 14, 2024, 2:14:22 PMJun 14
to te...@preciso.net, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm unable to determine what API call you were attempting to make based on that screenshot, but presumably you were trying to run something such as bidders.accounts.filterSets.bidResponseErrors.list

I suspect something must have went wrong in the process of creating the filter set, but I think the public support forum might not be ideal for this discussion because I will probably need more account details to investigate further. I recommend moving this discussion to our private support alias and providing your account ID along with the full name of the filterSet you are referring to. The alias is: adxbuyera...@google.com