How to associate a WINNING ads impression with a RTB request

Fan Wang

Sep 18, 2023, 5:49:27 AM9/18/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Dear AB API team,

We've noticed that there's an AUCTION_ID macro in Authorized Buyers, which we would like to append to our native ads impression tracking URL.

But I'm a little bit confused about how to associate this AUCTION_ID with a RTB request since there's not a corresponding attribute in the RTB .proto. We're just trying to find a solution to attribute a winning ads impression to a RTB processing. Any suggestions?

BR.
Fan

Mark Saniscalchi

Sep 18, 2023, 12:08:43 PM9/18/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello Fan,

There's a small section concerning OpenRTB macros that discusses this. The gist of it is that the corresponding field in the OpenRTB protocol is BidRequest.id.

I highly recommend looking through the OpenRTB guide if you have any questions about the Google implementation of the protocol–there are a few differences from vanilla OpenRTB that we try to highlight there.

Regards,
Mark

Fan Wang

Sep 18, 2023, 9:29:02 PM9/18/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for the quick turnaround.  That makes sense and we'll try to implement following this guide.

BR.
Fan

Fan Wang

Sep 25, 2023, 11:22:59 PM9/25/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hey Mark,

We would like to proceed with Authorized Buyers RTB for ease of use. But the BidRequest.id seems to be a Proto ByteString (16 bytes long).

Do you mind advising how to convert it to a String value to match the Auction ID or the OpenRTB request ID?

BR.
Fan

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2023, 6:06:55 PM9/26/23
to wfa...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fan,

Sure, the string returned in OpenRTB's BidRequest.id field is a websafe base64-encoded form of the ID returned in the Google protocol. If you added padding and decoded the value, you would receive the equivalent value for the Google protocol. Or alternatively, going in the opposite direction of Google to OpenRTB would involve base64-encoding the value of Google protocol's BidRequest.id field.

Regards,
Mark

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2omWBp:ref

Fan Wang

Sep 26, 2023, 9:32:35 PM9/26/23
to Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. It makes sense, we'll have a try with our newly allocated seat account.

BR.
Fan