projects.subscriptions.pull API returns the same creativeId even acknowledged by projects.subscriptions.acknowledge API

Honglei Zhao

Dec 7, 2021, 3:59:47 AM12/7/21
to Authorized Buyers API Forum
Hello,

Pull API will return creativeId, then I use Acknowledge API to acknowledge it with the ackId.

but later Pull API returns the same creativeId repeatedly.

e.g, creativeId: crid:a5213223629440:1710582175706145opg
our accountId: 590939004.

Can you help to check?

Best regards,
HL

Authorized Buyers API Forum Advisor

Dec 13, 2021, 4:31:51 PM12/13/21
to hong...@opera.com, google-doubleclick-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Honglei,

Sorry about the delay–I was out of office, and it appears there was no coverage in my absence. There's a few reasons you might be seeing the same creative multiple times:
  • A given creative can have multiple status changes, so it is not unusual for it to appear multiple times. This can happen even after an approval.
  • It is a known factor that there can be duplicate messages in Google Cloud Pub/Sub. Even in the event that a given message is acknowledged, any duplicate(s) it has would be distinct messages and thus not be considered acknowledged. An integration would need to consider approaches like those discussed in the linked article to mitigate to appearance of duplicates.
My scope is largely limited to Authorized Buyers APIs like Real-time Bidding API; feel free to reach out if you have any questions along those lines that I can assist with.

Regards,
Mark

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Schtm:ref