Updating Cudnn library?

Yu Feng

Nov 30, 2022, 6:01:10 PM11/30/22
to google-dl-platform
Hi!

I have an older image that I use as a develop box. I'd like to reuse the image but its version of cudnn is 8.2, whereas the lastest tf-nightly requires 8.6.

Is there a way to update the cudnn library in the image? I found some scripts in /opt/deeplearning/, but they only seem to refer to the cuda driver, not the cudnn library.

Thanks,

Yu

Yuxuan Chen

Nov 30, 2022, 10:30:41 PM11/30/22
to google-dl-platform
Hi Yu,

Are you able to upgrade via the instructions in https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/cudnn/install-guide/index.html?

Yu Feng

Dec 1, 2022, 8:13:18 PM12/1/22
to google-dl-platform
Thanks for the link. Yes. I was. Instance running 11.4 and cudnn 8.6 now.

Here are some notes for the record:

When I tried to run the scripts (by modifying the version string in the scripts), it apparently the version of the deeplearning scripts on my instance only fetched the driver, not CUDA.

I then downloaded the 11.4 cuda sdk in the debian local installer format, and 8.6 cudnn in the tar.xz format.
Running the install for cudasdk and copying the files from cudnn to the cuda-11.4 directory mostly solved this.

Early in the process, I made several failed attempts using the debian .deb installers from nvidia. In the end I had to purge all "nvidia." packages to start from fresh.

Yu