Upcoming: Android Intro and Android Developer Lab

pamela (Google Employee)

Oct 12, 2010, 12:10:10 AM10/12/10
to Google Developer Events Australia
Hi developers!

As recently announced on the Android blog, Australian developers can now sell paid apps on Android marketplace. Given that news and the growing increase of Android phones available in Australia, we want to make sure that Australian developers know how to develop apps and understand the marketplace system.

We are bringing down two Android developer advocates, Tony Chan and Ken Liu, and they will be speaking at two events in Sydney during their short stint here:

Wednesday, Nov. 3rd @ 6pm: Sydney GTUG - Android Intro
This talk will give an overview of the Android ecosystem and an introduction to creating apps.
RSVP here: https://spreadsheets1.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGRURUJhbjNsbFdDZFIzd2Z6VWdta2c6MA
*Registration will be first-come, first-served for this event and will close if we reach capacity.

Friday, Nov. 5th @ 10am-6pm: Android Developer Lab
This day-long event will start with the latest Android news, delve into talks on UI best practices and high-performance apps, and end with coding and networking.
Request a seat here: https://sites.google.com/site/androiddevlabs/register/sydney

We recommend that newbies to Android development come to the Sydney GTUG meetup, and that developers with some Android experience come to the all-day Android Developer Lab.

We expect spaces will be tight for both events, so follow those links today if you plan to attend. See you then!

- pamela

P.S. If you're a Melbourne developer, check out the Android Australia Pro-Am event being put on by the developers down there: