Upcoming events: Inaugural Sydney Go meetup, linux.conf.au, SydJS, Ignite Sydney (+jobs!)

Chris Broadfoot (Google Employee)

Jan 17, 2011, 12:19:01 AM1/17/11
to google-develo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I hope you had a great break and that you and you family are safe from the devastating floods.

We’re always hiring, but here are two jobs based in Sydney that we’d love you to consider:Below are some upcoming tech events that may interest you.

Cheers
Chris

---

Sydney Gophers

When: this Wednesday - 19 Jaunary, 6pm

Where: Google Sydney

The Sydney Go User Group, called the Sydney Gophers, is having its inaugural meeting on the 19th of January 2011  at Google Sydney. The meeting will consist of some news about the Go project, a Q&A session, and a longer presentation from Andrew Gerrand titled "Practical Go Programming".

The goal of these meetings is to establish an enthusiastic group of Go programmers that meet on a bi-monthly basis (or more, if there's the interest) to share their experiences, seek advice, find collaborators, or simply show off their projects.

If you're interested in Go, come along!

RSVP and details: http://sites.google.com/site/sydneygophers/events/inaugural-meetup-january-2010

linux.conf.au

When: 24-29 January

Where: Brisbane

linux.conf.au is Australia’s biggest open source conference. As usual, several Googlers are giving talks and/or tutorials, including the keynote from Vint Cerf:

    • In Search of Transmission Capacity - a Multicore Dilemma by Vint Cerf (Vice-President & Chief Internet Evangelist)
    • Opening a Closed World by Daniel Bentley and Daniel Nadasi
    • A Tour of Go by Andrew Gerrand
    • Practical Go Programming by Andrew Gerrand

Details: https://conf.linux.org.au/

SydJS

When: this Wednesday - 19 Jaunary, 6pm

Where: Atlassian - 185 Sussex St, Sydney

Three talks:

    • Practical guide to WAI-ARIA - Sam Dwyer
    • Impact.js - Chris Darroch
    • Working with SydJS.com - Lachlan Hardy

RSVP and info: http://sydjs.com/

Ignite Sydney

When: Thursday 10 February, 6pm

Where: Oxford Art Factory

The idea is simple – make the presenters stick to a rigid format of 20 slides, each of which changes automatically after 15 seconds, giving a guaranteed 5 minute presentation.

RSVP and info: http://www.ignitesydney.com/