JSDocs in XML/XMI format

Bobby

Feb 2, 2010, 1:02:50 AM2/2/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
Since the docs for the GData library are generated via JSDoc, which
allows exporting to XML or XMI, would it be possible to make the
documentation available in XML format, along with the HTML version?

For the gwt-gdata project I routinely scan the HTML docs to determine
what has changed in each version, so that the GWT bindings can stay up
to date. I also use the scanned information to auto generate most of
the code and unit tests for the bindings, as well as for validating
the finished library.

The HTML that JSDoc generates is not at all easy to parse and is
likely to change overtime. I think in the GWT world this has the
potential to become almost a standard, since JS libraries using JSDoc
are one step away from having GWT bindings.

A JS library that exposes documentation in XML format is a GWT-
friendly library. :)

monsur

Feb 3, 2010, 5:12:11 PM2/3/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
This is a great idea. We are actually working on a new format for our
JsDocs; I'll add this as a feature request.

Thanks,
Monsur

Bobby

Feb 7, 2010, 4:25:25 AM2/7/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
By the way, i've noticed that in the documentation the following
classes are referenced but missing:

- calendar.AllowGSync2Property - referenced from
calendar.CalendarEventFeed
- calendar.AllowGSyncProperty - referenced from
calendar.CalendarEventFeed
- contacts.ProfileEntry - referenced from contacts.ContactsService
- contacts.ProfileFeed - referenced from contacts.ContactsService
- contacts.PersonEntry - this class existed in 1.10, was it merged
with ProfileEntry? (i thought ProfileEntry extended PersonEntry)

Bobby