How to update a Google Document?

Mark

Feb 8, 2011, 2:29:47 PM2/8/11
to google-data-ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've spent a lot of time researching all the different ways to update a google document (and spreadsheet) using GWT and have been unsuccessful.

I followed the tutorial here to be able to query my document's list.  I can successfully update the titles, authors, create new documents and delete entries:

However, when I submit an update to a document's contents it will come back successful but not actually change the documents contents.  For example this:

targetDoc.setContent(Text.newInstance());
targetDoc.getContent().setText("UPDATED!");
targetDoc.updateEntry(new DocumentEntryCallback() {
}

I also have tried to view the contents (targetDoc.getContent().getText()) of the document but it just says "NULL".

I have also reviewed the following on a JavaScript implementation:

But not sure how I can port this to writing to a spreadsheet using this GWT API.

My ultimate goal is to read write data to a google spreadsheet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!