JavaScript problems--please don't ignore it

QterMgnus

Feb 18, 2010, 7:42:18 AM2/18/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
I really realy want to learn javaScript so I can use many of the
javaScripts at code.google projects.
what ide you guys use when you code in javaScript ? I ma used to
Eclipse, Netbeans

like this example below how can i set my ide, that I wil have code
completion ?
for example
google.setOnLoadCallback(onGoogleDataLoad);
I want to be able to write google. to get access to the methods on
google object, or this is impossible
to do in JavaScript ?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript">

// Load the latest version of the Google Data JavaScript Client
google.load('gdata', '2.x');

function onGoogleDataLoad() {
// Put your code here
}

// Call function once the client has loaded
google.setOnLoadCallback(onGoogleDataLoad);

</script>

Bobby

Feb 18, 2010, 10:56:47 AM2/18/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
Code completion, as well as other features such as refactoring, don't
fit well with JavaScript because of the nature of the language. You
should look into GWT. The goal behind GWT is to enable developers to
use environments like Eclipse to develop JavaScript/HTML applications.
GWT accomplishes this by taking Java code and compiling to JavaScript.

I personally no longer write JS apps without GWT, the results,
performance and compatibility are not even comparable.

If you want to build apps directly with JavaScript, then you have to
do it the hard way, with just syntax coloring at your disposal.

Bobby

QterMgnus

Feb 18, 2010, 11:47:47 AM2/18/10
to Google Data Javascript Client
Thank, as I am a java programmer I will stay where I am :)