Search products

Hemchand Nizampatnam

Aug 24, 2020, 11:22:56 AM8/24/20
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Everyone,

Do we have any way to search the products using Google Content API?

Thanks,
N.Hemchand

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 24, 2020, 3:49:44 PM8/24/20
to hemch...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hemchand,

Using Content API, you can retrieve the products from a given Merchant Center which you have access to.
https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/reference/rest/v2.1/products/list

Thanks,
Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23uDGq:ref

Hemchand Nizampatnam

Aug 25, 2020, 9:14:38 AM8/25/20
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Lakshmi,

The API "GET https://www.googleapis.com/content/v2.1/{merchantId}/products" will give the list of products, but we need a search option on the attributes (title / brand / ... )

Ex: If we have 100 products and i want see only the products of specific brand  - this feasibility is not there in this API.

Thanks,
N.Hemchand

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 25, 2020, 11:32:25 AM8/25/20
to hemch...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hemchand,

Once you get the list of the products from the Merchant Center, please post process at your end and filter the products by title/brand. There is no such feature in the API, where you can filter the products by title/brand. I will forward your request as a feature request to the rest of the team.

Nguyen Duc Thuan

Sep 15, 2020, 3:05:50 AM9/15/20
to Google Content API for Shopping
same your question.

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 15, 2020, 3:21:46 AM9/15/20
to ducthu...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Would there be anything that our Content API team could help you with? If you have clarifications regarding the API and if they are related to the topic in this thread, could you provide more details?

If you have a different concern, you may create a new thread, for better tracking, and we can continue our discussion from there instead.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23uDGq:ref

Nguyen Duc Thuan

Sep 15, 2020, 4:26:59 AM9/15/20
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi
I just having the same issue with the thread owner that is how to filter a product list with parameters like (title, category, target, ...). But If your api is  temporary not supported so I will find another solution to solve it and hope the near time your api can support this problem.
Thanks

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 15, 2020, 5:26:45 AM9/15/20
to ducthu...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Currently, there is indeed no feature that allows adding filters in API requests. A feature request has already been submitted by my colleague and you can follow our blog to keep posted on updates or announcements related to this topic.

Best regards,

Eric Froese

Jan 12, 2022, 1:22:02 PM1/12/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello!

I'd like to check in on this feature. It still seems that applying filters to the product.list API is not possible.

Any updates on this? Is there a way to accomplish this which perhaps is not documented? Or is post-processing still the only way?

Sincerely,
Eric Froese

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 12, 2022, 11:20:53 PM1/12/22
to eric....@fireworkhq.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Eric,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Allow me to check the status of this feature request to the rest of the team, rest assured that someone from our team will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23uDGq:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Dec 14, 2022, 12:27:04 PM12/14/22
to eric....@fireworkhq.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I got the following update from the team:

Reporting beta supports product filtering, as described at https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/reports/products.

The fields that can be used for filtering are included in the guide (country code is not yet one of them but aggregated status and language code are included).

If the user would like to join the beta, please encourage them to fill in the interest form at the top of https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/reports/overview.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi