Can we increase datafeeds.fetchnow limit?

Anurag Nigam

Feb 21, 2021, 10:25:12 PM2/21/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Team,

One of my partners is facing challenge with rate limits for feed creation as it is currently limited to 10 feeds per minute. However, since they have more accounts to create it's becoming time consuming. Is it possible to increase the rate limit on fetchnow method for datafeeds?

Thanks
Anurag

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 22, 2021, 9:08:11 PM2/22/21
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Anurag,

I’m James from the Content  API. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please provide us the following information so that we can process your request for quota increase.

1. Merchant Center ID

2. For which services and methods is the merchant requesting quota (e.g. products.insert, accounts.get, ...)?

3. What is the requested quota?

4. Why is the increase requested? (e.g. is it temporary or permanent, is the merchant increasing their inventory, ...)

Kindly provide the said information via Reply privately to Author option, if you’re not able to see that option, then please send the requested information through this email <shopping-a...@google.com>.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CTPK5:ref
Message has been deleted

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 1, 2021, 1:45:39 AM3/1/21
to anura...@google.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Anurag,

Thank you for providing the requested information to us. I will remove your recent post in the forum as it contains sensitive information. Moving forward, kindly avoid posting sensitive information in public forum inorder to avoid any disruption or unexpected issues on your end.

Could you please tell us if the requested quota increase is permanent or temporary? I’m asking this, so that I can forward your request to the rest of the team.

Anurag Nigam

Mar 1, 2021, 2:10:50 AM3/1/21
to Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hey James,

Thank you for the revert. I tried replying with a reply to the author option only however, it was greyed out and hence, couldn't do so. Can you suggest the best way to proceed in future communications so that we can avoid posting sensitive information?

The requested quota increase is a permanent one as the partner will continue to add more merchants as we make progress with the partnership.

Thanks
Anurag
--

Anurag Nigam

TSM Channel Sales, India

Google Customer Solutions

anura...@google.com  | +91 9717022201

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 2, 2021, 12:46:23 AM3/2/21
to anura...@google.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Anurag,

Thank you for your confirmation. For future reference, you can send an email to our private channel <shopping-a...@google.com>.

Now, let me forward the provided details to the rest of the team, so that we can process your request. Rest assured that we will provide you any significant updates.

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 4, 2021, 5:45:22 AM3/4/21
to anura...@google.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Anurag,

Thank you for your patience.

I got feedback from the rest of the team. Unfortunately, we’re not able to grant your quota increase request for datafeeds.fetchnow method. According to my colleague “We generally don't increase the  datafeeds.fetchnow quota. Merchants that end-up managing large number of feeds, should consider moving to API (product service) for product data uploads.

Let me know if you have any further comments on this.