create merchant center account

Prateek Srivastava

Sep 14, 2021, 4:53:31 AM9/14/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello Google Content API team,  ,

I need to know is there any method or procedure through which we can create google merchant center account via API or using any third party.

Thanks

caleoroco

Sep 14, 2021, 9:47:42 AM9/14/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
if you're a comparison shopping service, it is possible as the account gets created as a sub account of your css merchant centre.  if you're not a CSS then as far as i am aware it is not possible to create a new account via API

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 6:34:58 AM9/16/21
to cale...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Prateek,

I’m Jame from the Content API Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I agree that it is not possible to create a new stand alone merchant account via API. Instead, you need to sign up by following this onboarding guide in order to have a merchant account.

However, if you have a Multi-client account then it is possible to create a sub-account via API, you just need to make an API call to account.insert method.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza