Some queries related to using Content API as a Multi-Client Account User

Hridesh Singh

May 27, 2024, 8:50:00 AMMay 27
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,
  1. My agency has a client which is a Direct-to-Consumer brand, and want to work with multiple influencers to promote their products.
  2. They want to leverage Youtube Product Tagging feature of Youtube shopping.
  3. Since they work with multiple influencers, how can they connect their brand store to multiple youtube channels.
  4. How can all this be done using Content API?
My assumption is:
  1. We have to convert their GMC into a Multi-Client Account.
  2. Add influencers as sub-accounts using account.insert
  3. While inserting the sub-account, we might be able to connect youtube channel, as there's an object of "YoutubeChannelLink"
Can someone verify if this is the way? What else I need to do?

Thanks :)

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 27, 2024, 1:52:37 PMMay 27
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Content API support team.

Based on the provided assumption, I have provided the following responses to your queries:

Q) We have to convert their GMC into a Multi-Client Account.

A) Converting the client's Google Merchant Center (GMC) account into a Multi-Client Account (MCA) allows you to manage multiple sub-accounts under one parent account. I would suggest referring to this article for more information about advanced account setup.

Q) Add influencers as sub-accounts using account.insert

A) From the Content API perspective, you can use the accounts.insert method to create a Merchant Center sub-account.

Q) While inserting the sub-account, we might be able to connect youtube channel, as there's an object of "YoutubeChannelLink"

A) Yes, you can connect the youtube channel using the YoutubeChannelLink parameter through the Content API.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ6Dk:ref" (ADR-00236675)

Thanks,

Google Logo Content API for Shopping Team

Hridesh Singh

May 27, 2024, 3:34:00 PMMay 27
to Google Content API for Shopping
Thanks for a prompt reply.

I have a follow up question.

If I connect youtube channel to a sub-account, and add products to that sub-account, I will have an option of Youtube Shopping as destination while adding the product correct?

Thanks : )

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 28, 2024, 12:31:59 AMMay 28
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Yes, you will be able to get the option of YouTube Shopping as a destination while adding the product. For any other assistance you may get back to us.

Hridesh Singh

May 29, 2024, 3:58:30 AMMay 29
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Team,

Extending this thread itself for queries related to MCA (Multi Client Account of Marketplace Type).

  1. The brand that we are working with also sells on a marketplace. (Assuming this marketplace has an MCA of Marketplace type).
  2. Can a marketplace type MCA onboard our brand as a sub-merchant (our brand is also MCA but not marketplace type)? I read about multi-seller accounts under MCA Marketplace structure, but I am a bit confused.
  3. Can the links of the products added to sub merchant account's feed (under our brand's MCA) be of Marketplace product page and not brand's website product page?
Thanks :)

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 29, 2024, 5:51:24 AMMay 29
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would like to inform you that product related queries are out of scope for us. Please note that we can resolve technical issues / concerns related to the Content API. Kindly check with the Merchant Center support team via this link for further assistance on this query.

Hridesh Singh

May 29, 2024, 4:45:12 PMMay 29
to Google Content API for Shopping
Apologies, I wanted to ask the above questions in context of the content api itself but framed it incorrectly.

    1. The brand that we are working with also sells on a marketplace. (Assuming this marketplace has an MCA of Marketplace type).
    1. If this Marketplace type MCA onboards us as a multi-seller sub-account using Content API, can we (brand) use content api to upload products into the sub-account with landing page links that has base urls of the marketplace and not of our brand's website?
    Thanks : )

    Shopping API Forum Advisor

    May 30, 2024, 1:38:25 AMMay 30
    to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
    Hello,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    No, you can only add the landing page with the same URL for which you have claimed your website. You can check with the Merchant Center support team via this link for more detailed information about this.