Shopping API - Orders

Gerrit Burger

Mar 18, 2022, 8:33:13 AM3/18/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi!

I'm looking into a way to allow users to fulfil a task and then choose products as "gifts" for completing these tasks, i.e. no buying and selling.

I'm finding it hard to understand how the order creation takes place via the API, I see the acknowledgement and all the steps thereafter but no way to initially create the order.

Are there any api endpoints for creating an orders of products from people?

Kind regards
Gerrit

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Mar 18, 2022, 12:51:40 PM3/18/22
to gerrit.b...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerrit,

The Orders service is used to process the received orders. You can use it to receive/acknowledge order, update order statuses, manage returns and provide refunds. In sandbox mode, you can create the orders using createtestorder: https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/reference/rest/v2.1/orders/createtestorder
This method is not available in production mode. If you could add more details to the business use case, I can forward this concern as a feature request to the rest of the team.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2YpAxu:ref

Gerrit Burger

Mar 22, 2022, 5:23:52 AM3/22/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hey awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Is there a service, that you know of, that allows the creation of orders themselves which we can then acknowledge via this service?

Kind regards
Gerrit

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Mar 22, 2022, 2:08:26 PM3/22/22
to gerrit.b...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerrit,

In Content API there is no such service available in production mode. If you could add more details to the business use case, I can forward this concern as a feature request to the rest of the team.

Thanks,