merchant quota exceeded when calling freelistingsprogram.get

Radosław Adamowicz

Sep 19, 2022, 12:24:51 PM9/19/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

I'm trying to fetch the data about Free Listings service's status for more than 500 accounts.
Unfortunately, I encountered the following problem:

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 14:44:30 GMT
Server: ESF
Cache-Control: private
Alt-Svc: h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000,quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="46,43"
Accept-Ranges: none
Vary: Origin,Accept-Encoding
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

{
"error": {
"code": 429,
"message": "merchant quota exceeded",
"status": "RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED",
"details": [
{
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo",
"reason": "quotaExceeded",
"domain": "usageLimits"
}
]
}
}

What is the quota limit for "freelistingsprogram.get" per minute and per day? There are no published limits at https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/limits

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 19, 2022, 9:51:43 PM9/19/22
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is Ciara from the Content API support team. Thank you for reaching out to our public forum.

For us to provide you with an accurate response, allow me to communicate this with the rest of the team. We'll let you know as soon as we have any information to share.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eQWEa:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2022, 11:47:52 PM9/20/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com, r.adamo...@gmail.com

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. I received the following update:
The quota for "freelistingsprogram" : all methods per minute : 100 per day : 1,000

Regards,

Radosław Adamowicz

Sep 22, 2022, 5:33:40 AM9/22/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Is it possible to increase this limit? We have more than 1,000 GMC accounts and would like to be able to check the activity of the "Free Listings" service daily.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2022, 10:21:59 AM9/22/22
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please send the following details for the Merchant Center id 528946916:
  1. Is this request for only get method in Free Listings service?
  2. What is the requested quota?
  3. Why is the increase requested? (e.g. is it temporary or permanent, is the merchant increasing their inventory, ...)
Thanks,
Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eQWEa:ref

Radosław Adamowicz

Sep 26, 2022, 8:18:57 AM9/26/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

It's not only about 528946916. The increase in the limit should apply for all sub-accounts of manager accounts such as: 115226699, 138595812, 543847484.
Referring to the questions:
1. Yes, just get method in Free Listings service.
2. 500 per minute; 10 000 per 24 day.
3. We want to check every account daily to see if the Free Listings service is working on it. It'll be permanent.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2022, 12:45:48 PM9/26/22
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The team is looking into this request. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Radosław Adamowicz

Sep 27, 2022, 11:27:18 AM9/27/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

I have to correct my mistake. Referring to the second question, the answer should be:
500 requests per minute; 10 000 requests per day.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2022, 3:14:12 PM9/30/22
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I took a look at the MCAs you mentioned, and their account totals are approximately:
  • 138595812: 1500 accounts
  • 115226699: 1000 accounts
  • 543847484: 25 accounts
That's a total of around 2,500 accounts across those MCAs. I can see how the default quota of 100 requests/minute and 1,000 requests/day wouldn't suffice for the first two, but could you clarify why you'd need such a large increase of 500 requests/minute and 10,000 requests/day? Since the quota allocation is at the MCA level, wouldn't an increase of just the requests/day quota to 2,000 suffice? That would allow you to call get for all accounts under the largest MCA (138595812) in around 15 minutes (1,500 requests at 100 requests/minute).

Thanks,
Google Logo
Josh Radcliff
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eQWEa:ref

Radosław Adamowicz

Oct 14, 2022, 5:40:39 AM10/14/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

We use 2 API accounts to manage sub-accounts of managers:
  • 138595812, 115226699 - more than 2500 accounts
  • 543847484, 647987851 - about 30 accounts
Does the limit apply to the manager account or the API account? Sometimes we need to call mentioned API's method more than one time per day so there is a risk that we'll hit the limit. It would be safe if the limit was twice the number of accounts. Then, for example, 138595812 should have 3000 per day and proportionally 300 requests/minute. Is it possible to set the limits like this?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Oct 17, 2022, 11:39:59 AM10/17/22
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The limit is applied to the Merchant Center associated with the OAuth credentials on the account. For example, if you have MCA M1 that contains Merchant Center accounts A1 and A2, then:
  • Requests with {merchantId} of M1, A1, or A2 that use credentials for a user with direct access to M1 will be counted against M1's quota.
  • Requests with {merchantId} of A1 or A2 that use credentials for a user with direct access to A1 or A2 will be counted against A1 or A2's quota, respectively.
Best regards,

Radosław Adamowicz

Jan 9, 2023, 5:47:49 AM1/9/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

Further to your previous answer, is it possible to set the following limits:
  • 138595812 - 400 per minute; 3500 per day
  • 115226699 - 200 per minute; 2500 per day

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 13, 2023, 9:24:58 AM1/13/23
to r.adamo...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've submitted the request to our team for review. To set expectations, I suspect they will only grant the same quota increase to both accounts, but I have given them the context of your request.
We will let you know the outcome, once confirmed.

Thanks,

Ian, Content API team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eQWEa:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 18, 2023, 6:09:26 AM1/18/23
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com, r.adamo...@gmail.com
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce your request has been approved. As suspected they have opted to provide the same quota for both accounts. The new quota rates are:

freelistingsprogram (all methods):
  • 2500 requests per day
  • 250 requests per minute
Hopefully this should be enough to meet your use-case.

Radosław Adamowicz

Jan 25, 2023, 10:30:36 AM1/25/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,