contentLanguage for Chinese language

Mike Zorin

Dec 16, 2022, 1:17:14 PM12/16/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi!

What should be a two-letter ISO 639-1 language code for the Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional)? Is it just 'zh' for both of them?

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Dec 16, 2022, 1:56:39 PM12/16/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The following link has codes for languages and countries:
https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/blob/latest/common/main/en.xml

Please let us know if those codes didn't work for you.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2h3wKO:ref

Mike Zorin

Dec 16, 2022, 2:02:20 PM12/16/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
No, it doesn't work.
[contentLanguage] Content language zh-Hans is not supported. Value must be two-letter ISO 639-1 language code.'

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Dec 16, 2022, 2:55:09 PM12/16/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am checking with rest of the team regarding this issue. I will keep you posted.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Dec 21, 2022, 8:28:14 AM12/21/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got the following update from the team:

We support both but don't allow users to configure this - infrastructure determines automatically which one should be used, user only needs to specify that it is Chinese.

Thanks,