Invalid Target Customer Error - API requests suddenly failing

Andreea Gheorghe

Sep 20, 2022, 1:31:46 PM9/20/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

We have recently started to encounter an error for all of our merchant sub-accounts. We use the pos.inventory API to insert products in the local feed.

A week ago, our requests have started failing with the error
 [{"message":"[target_customer_id] validation/invalid_attribute: Invalid attribute: target customer id","domain":"content.ContentErrorDomain","reason":"validation"}]

This is happening for all MC sub accounts in our network This is what the requests look like:

 Body: {"storeCode":"sparrenfrew14335","itemId":"0079200720476","gtin":"0079200720476","contentLanguage":"en","targetCountry":"GB","price":{"value":"0.5","currency":"GBP"},"quantity":30,"timestamp":"2022-09-20T17:00:50.069Z"}

We have tried using the feedLabel field instead of targetCountry, but that's not helping.

Could you please advise us as to what the cause might be?

Many thanks,
Andreea

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2022, 10:36:42 PM9/20/22
to and...@near.st, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Andreea,

This is Ciara from the Content API support team. Thank you for reaching out to our public forum.

For us to give you an accurate response, allow me to communicate this to the rest of the team.We'll keep you posted on any information regarding your concern.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2edge5:ref

Andreea Gheorghe

Sep 26, 2022, 4:28:26 AM9/26/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Ciara,

Thanks so much for looking into this with the team.

Have there been any updates since last week? We are concerned about the lack of sync due to the failed requests.

Many thanks,
Andreea

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2022, 11:56:19 AM9/26/22
to and...@near.st, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreea,

I am following up with rest of the team for an update on this issue. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2edge5:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2022, 4:27:49 AM9/30/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com, and...@near.st

Hi Andreea,

This is Yasmin from the Content API for Shopping team.

I received an update on this issue and I'd like to inform you that it's been fixed. Should you still encounter an issue on your end, kindly let us know.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2edge5:ref

Andreea Gheorghe

Sep 30, 2022, 11:11:28 AM9/30/22
to Shopping API Forum Advisor, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yasmin,

Thanks so much for updating me on the issue status.

I can also confirm that we are seeing successful responses to our requests and were able to resume our normal sync rate!

However, we still seem to have a few issues with some of our accounts. For example, one of our merchants (MC ID: 525999346) has 23.3k active items, but their SWIS is not live. We are correctly sending inventory through for them.

Would you advise us to wait for a couple more days until their SWIS is live? Or is this an edge case of the wider issue?

Many thanks,
Andreea

---
Andreea Gheorghe
Product Manager
NearSt
p:+44 7871 2222 43
w:www.near.st  e:  and...@near.st
NearSt

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Oct 2, 2022, 9:09:37 PM10/2/22
to and...@near.st, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrea,

This is Maia from the Content API for Shopping Team as well.

I would recommend retrying the execution as of the moment and let us know if you encounter the same issue. Kindly also provide the following information below:
  • Merchant Center IDs involved (MCA/MC)
  • Complete API Request (with URL and Params)
  • Complete API response

Best Regards,
Google Logo
Angel Maia
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2edge5:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Oct 2, 2022, 9:12:43 PM10/2/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com, and...@near.st
Hello Andrea,

This is Maia from the Content API for Shopping Team as well.

I would recommend retrying the execution as of the moment and let us know if you encounter the same issue. Kindly also provide the following information below: (
Please provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, please send this requested information through our email <shopping-a...@google.com> instead for private purposes.)

‫متجر واو (‪Wownht‬‏)‬‎

Oct 2, 2022, 9:39:09 PM10/2/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
طيب ايش الحل فيه من يحل المشكله

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Oct 3, 2022, 3:17:44 AM10/3/22
to wow...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are also experiencing the same issue observed in this thread? If yes, I would recommend retrying the execution and let us know if you encounter an issue. If you still would, kindly provide the information below:

  • Merchant Center IDs involved (MCA/MC)
  • Complete API Request (with URL and Params)
  • Complete API response

Kindly send the requested items via `Reply privately to author` option. If the said option is not available on your end, you may send those through the email alias shopping-a...@google.com instead.

Regards,

Google Logo