Long response time for shippingsettings.getsupportedcarriers

Joshua Newman

Feb 25, 2021, 4:26:25 PM2/25/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Since 2/23, around 9am EST,  we have started seeing long response times, as much as 2 minutes, for the GET Method: shippingsettings.getsupportedcarriers.

Here is an example request. I can supply a MerchantAccountId privately if needed.

curl --location --request GET 'https://shoppingcontent.googleapis.com/content/v2/<merchant-account-id>/supportedCarriers' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <access-token>'

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 26, 2021, 9:41:00 AM2/26/21
to joshua...@sitewit.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

Please send the following details using 'Reply privately to author' option:
  1. Merchant Center id
  2. Date and timestamp of the above request (should be < 7days)
Thanks,
Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2DJ6PB:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 1, 2021, 7:53:25 PM3/1/21
to joshua...@sitewit.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Joshua,

I’m James, a colleague of Lakshmi. Thank you for providing the requested information. However, I want to get some more information to help understand the latency issues you are facing:

  1. Are you using our `custombatch` service to send your batch requests?
  2. Is your current latency different from what you have normally experienced with the content API in the past?
  3. Also, I would like to request the Complete API request and response logs in JSON format including the timestamp so that we could check into it.

Please send the following information using 'Reply privately to author' option or using our private channel <shopping-a...@google.com>

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza