How to get Product Status through API call

Balram Kumar

Jan 30, 2023, 10:44:06 PM1/30/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Team
How can i get the status(Approved/Dis-Approved) of product through api call  GET https://shoppingcontent.googleapis.com/content/v2.1/{merchantId}/products/{productId}?
As you can see in attachment status of product.
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 11.50.21 AM.png

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 31, 2023, 5:46:09 AM1/31/23
to balram...@knorex.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Balram,

Ciara here, from the Content API support team. Thank you for reaching out.

You can use the productstatuses resource to view information about the status of your Shopping products. The productstatuses.list method returns all products, regardless of their validity. While the productstatuses.get method retrieves status of a single product. Take note that you won't receive a status for your product if your account isn't enrolled in any destinations or if you don't provide a valid country code.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2iPgf8:ref

Balram Kumar

Jan 31, 2023, 5:51:59 AM1/31/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Ciara

Why there is no status on adwords UI. Its causing error

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 4.19.28 PM.png

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 31, 2023, 1:36:35 PM1/31/23
to balram...@knorex.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Balram,

I’m James, also a member of the Content API Team. Allow me to assist you further.

Based on the given screenshot, no status being shown within your merchant account UI because your products are not being advertised to any merchant center destination programs. Having said that, could you please confirm if your products contain an Excluded destination attribute? I asked this because if the said attribute is included in your product data, it will prevent your product from appearing in chosen locations. Therefore, no status will also be shown.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell